What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3G Support Group Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have two separate orders in for a 64GB 3G - One on March 13th, the other on April 3rd. Neither of them show any change from standard shipping. I'll check tomorrow.

raylock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My shipping also says priority. I don't know if that is a change because I hadn't noticed before. The Ipad case was delivered today. The FedEx driver said he had a whole bunch of those on the truck for delivery. I think that is encouraging because if we have to pay for the case a long time before the Ipad, it doesn't look very good. So hopefully, soon......

ladydi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am SO glad I found this website and forum today!!! For the 12th time today I googled "Ipad 3G shipping date" and this time I found a link to this website and found fellow sufferers that really and truely understand my angst!

So far, in my state of Apple depression, I have

1.) ordered the case (got it last week)
2.) ordered the wall charger (what was I thinking - it comes with one!)
3.) ordered the keyboard dock
4.) changed my order from the 16GB model to the 32 GB model
5.) contemplating changing my order to the 64 GB model
6.) visited the Apple store to spend hours playing with the iPad (you still here they
ask me?)
7.) google "Ipad 3G ship date" at least every hour on the hour from my iPhone
8.) surf the iTunes store daily to look longingly at apps for the iPad
9.) make a plan on which apps I want and in what order I will install them and which
will stay on the iPhone

I am SO glad I am not the only one going through this craziness!!!!

When I talked to Apple last Saturday, I asked them if the changes to my order would affect my place in line (so to speak). I was told that changes would not have any affect on when I receive my iPad because they have more than enough for everyone that has placed an order and they do not anticipate a shortage. True? Who knows but I would like to believe it!

Thanks ... I feel better to get that out!

Diana

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I was just on Apple.com so that I could check my shipping method. It's listed as priority.

While I was there, I clicked the Chat button to see what I could find out about a shipping date. I didn't find out much, but I did confirm that they WILL be shipping the iPads out this month. Here is the transcript of the conversation:

You are chatting with Ryan B, an Apple Expert

Hi, my name is Ryan B. Welcome to Apple!
Hello there!

Hi, I have an iPad 3G on order, when will it be shipping?

I do apologize, but we do not have the exact day on when it will ship out yet.

can you give me a hint?

I do apologize, but we do not have any date set yet.

you guys realize there's a few hundred thousand people waiting for a date

Okay.

how about a general, round about date?
:)

We cannot speculate, once it is announced it will be posted on Apple.com

are they still supposed to ship this month, or will they be delayed like the international orders have been?

It will be shipped out this Month.

will I receive it this month?

We cannot speculate on when you will receive it.

Once it ships out you will receive an email with the tracking number.

ok, thank you. I understand that you can't say anything

Thank you for visiting the Apple Store. We appreciate your business. If you would like more help, please chat with us again.

Thank you for choosing the Apple Store. If you have any additional questions, please chat us again.

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have two separate orders in for a 64GB 3G - One on March 13th, the other on April 3rd. Neither of them show any change from standard shipping. I'll check tomorrow.

I'm writing this about 2 1/2 hour after my first post. Now both orders are marked as Priority shipping - I still had an old web page up that said Standard until I refreshed the link. So something is up and a cooking.

Does anyone remember or know if this happened with the wifi only models that delivered April 3rd?

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am SO glad I found this website and forum today!!! For the 12th time today I googled "Ipad 3G shipping date" and this time I found a link to this website and found fellow sufferers that really and truely understand my angst!

So far, in my state of Apple depression, I have

1.) ordered the case (got it last week)
2.) ordered the wall charger (what was I thinking - it comes with one!)
3.) ordered the keyboard dock
4.) changed my order from the 16GB model to the 32 GB model
5.) contemplating changing my order to the 64 GB model
6.) visited the Apple store to spend hours playing with the iPad (you still here they
ask me?)
7.) google "Ipad 3G ship date" at least every hour on the hour from my iPhone
8.) surf the iTunes store daily to look longingly at apps for the iPad
9.) make a plan on which apps I want and in what order I will install them and which
will stay on the iPhone

I am SO glad I am not the only one going through this craziness!!!!

When I talked to Apple last Saturday, I asked them if the changes to my order would affect my place in line (so to speak). I was told that changes would not have any affect on when I receive my iPad because they have more than enough for everyone that has placed an order and they do not anticipate a shortage. True? Who knows but I would like to believe it!

Thanks ... I feel better to get that out!

Diana

Diana, I completely understand. Does that indicate that I am insane also?

rtking

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow, good eye! My shipping status has also changed to "Priority." But being a cynic, I wonder if this means that they will ship the iPad 3G late in April, thus necessitating the priority shipping?

JLStrange

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just what does "Priority Shipping" mean? I couldn't find that term in the shipping explanations, i.e. 6 day, 2 day, overnight?

chiffchaff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow, good eye! My shipping status has also changed to "Priority." But being a cynic, I wonder if this means that they will ship the iPad 3G late in April, thus necessitating the priority shipping?

Or they just threw out new shipping status to distract us for a while ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions