iPad 3G Support Group Thread

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Greg G, Apr 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeGal

YankeeGal
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I don't live in a big city, but I'm not in a small town either. Helpful, right? lol

Anyway, I'm with you on the FedEx thing... I don't have the option to pre-sign for it, because it was ordered for me as a gift and the person who ordered it didn't set up an account. I don't even have the link to pre-sign for it. I work from home, but like you said, what if I'm in the shower or the bathroom at the exact moment it's being delivered? Or if I am on the 2nd floor and the FedEx guy decides to deliver it to my BACK door which is basically 2 floors down by the garage (I live in a townhouse)? I'll never make it in time.

Maybe I'll call Apple and see if they can email me a 'pre-sign" form?

2. icepulse

icepulse
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Don't worry. I'm in NY, and I'm still "Prepared". :D

3. DanaTheEwok

DanaTheEwok
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I can finally take a nap now. No use wasting the PJs!

4. luv2run6

luv2run6
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I just received notice of shipment of my ipad by Fed ex

5. Madjojo

Madjojo
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I would put a note on the door that 'I am home, do NOT leave without delivery", especially if I was in the shower or something that might not get me to the door in a timely manner... Might work, might not...

6. DavidNM

DavidNM
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    There's not real pattern here. Just received notice on my April, 3rd order, but not on my March 13th order.

The FedEx notice says delivery by 4:30pm

7. mediapad

mediapad
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    This may not have anything to do with anything, but I had been checking the LOCAL SCAN TIME on my FedEx shipping notices for other things that had shipped from Apple and I found that if I changed the drop down menu to DESTINATION TIME sometimes it was different, and those things had been shipped from CHINA. On this wonderful shipment notice it stayed the same, so I am assuming my new toy has been sitting somewhere (that is at least in my same time zone) waiting on Apple to give the RELEASE word from "STEVE THE ALMIGHTY APPLE KING"! Just a thought in my attempt to figure out what they were up to.

8. lawdood

lawdood
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Northern California here and just checked my order status...no shipping notice yet.

9. FL Wine Girl

FL Wine Girl
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    It doesn't hurt to try. I've done this and it HAS worked. It was just my luck my dogs had to go outside 1 minute before the truck arrived a few weeks ago. I left a sign on the door with my tracking number, the date and my sig and the driver waited the extra 10 seconds for me to get from my fenced in backyard to the front door (after running through the house like a madwoman, of course!).

I have my wi-fi version and may get the 3G at a later date. Very excited for all of you waiting for your iPads! You will simply LOVE it!!!

10. paul65k

paul65k
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Just got the shipping notification from Apple. I was able to print out a pre authorization signature page to leave on the front door tomorrow. I plan to be home but just my luck I'll be on the phone and not hear the bell or step out for just a minute.

I also need to be at the local Apple store to try and buy 2 more for my associates in Ireland who will be in town next week and want to be 2 of the first with the 3G over there........we have a corporate agreement with both AT&T and T-Mobile for wireless so they will be able to register them here in the USA.

Cheers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.