What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3G Support Group Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

icepulse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The more I use it the more I like it. :)

I couldn't agree more.

Truth is, the fact that it IS a big iPod touch is precisely why it DOES kick so much ass! Therein lies the great irony for all the iPad detractor crowd; it's so quick, slick AND powerful, that no Windows-based slate could ever come close, simply because the Win 7 OS needs a pack-mule under the hood to run smoothly. a battery slurping, heat-generating pig of a machine. I mean, an HP Slate with ONE GB of RAM, hard-wired, no less!! Chuckle!! Can you see trying to run Photoshop on that?

Yes, Apple knows EXACTLY what they're doing. The iPad is a marvel. I bought "Let's Golf HD", and I can't even believe this thin, cool and battery-sipping piece of technology can run a thing that looks like this. My PC from 3 years ago would show framerate issues, w/ 2 GB of memory. Yet the iPad makes it happen w/ what... 256 mb ram? It's a testament to the elegance of the iPhone OS.

On a final note, I must recommend the following:

•PartyPlace - Marble Mixer for iPad
PartyPlace - Marble Mixer for iPad for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store
I think it was $2. My wife and I are GLUED to this game.

Enjoy, all.

Last edited:

paul65k

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had a 3G 64GB since exactly 1:15PM PDT, April 30th and can say that it definitely IS a big iPod Touch.......ON STEROIDS!!!!

While it does everything the touch does.......it does it better and faster, especially with apps that are specifically optimized for the iPad. to date I have replaced all of my flight charts that used to take up a full chart case that I had to carry along when flying my plane with a version available through an app called ForeFlight.....not to mention the subscription for this is $75 a year vs. the $400 I was paying to Jeppeson!!!

I also have used it tirelessly as an eBook reader as I travel on business a great deal, just starting my 4th book this morning. I have found that the Amazon Kindle app is more economical than Apple's eBook App as the cost of books in the apple store are at least 15% more expensive than the Amazon version and I see no issues reading on the Kindle app......check it out if you haven't yet!

I do have a dilemma though.....a good one but no less a dilema!!!...........it would seem that I now have an extra 3G 64GB iPad that now has no home. I ordered mine on 3/12 and it came on the first day. The day before release I mentioned it to my boss (Based in Ireland).......he asked me if I could get him a couple of them at the Apple store not too far from my house.......so I went over at 4 and by 5:30 April 30th I had 2 more. When I went to give him his iPads this week when I saw him here in the states he says "Why don't you keep one of them for yourself?"....pretty cool huh?? He's going to pay for the 2 I got BTW

Now what do I do with the extra still shrink wrapped unit?? Do I take it back to the Apple store? Do I sell it on eBay? Do I offer it to someone on this forum????

I sort of hate to take it back to the store even though I'm still within the window....especially when I know that they are still in short supply and I kind of want someone who really wants one to get it.....on the other hand I could sell it on eBay likely for a profit but then there are all the issues with people scamming others.....any thoughts and advice would be welcome and appreciated???????

Last edited:

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had a 3G 64GB since exactly 1:15PM PDT, April 30th and can say that it definitely IS a big iPod Touch.......ON STEROIDS!!!!

While it does everything the touch does.......it does it better and faster, especially with apps that are specifically optimized for the iPad. to date I have replaced all of my flight charts that used to take up a full chart case that I had to carry along when flying my plane with a version available through an app called ForeFlight.....not to mention the subscription for this is $75 a year vs. the $400 I was paying to Jeppeson!!!

I also have used it tirelessly as an eBook reader as I travel on business a great deal, just starting my 4th book this morning. I have found that the Amazon Kindle app is more economical than Apple's eBook App as the cost of books in the apple store are at least 15% more expensive than the Amazon version and I see no issues reading on the Kindle app......check it out if you haven't yet!

I do have a dilemma though.....a good one but no less a dilema!!!...........it would seem that I now have an extra 3G 64GB iPad that now has no home. I ordered mine on 3/12 and it came on the first day. The day before release I mentioned it to my boss (Based in Ireland).......he asked me if I could get him a couple of them at the Apple store not too far from my house.......so I went over at 4 and by 5:30 April 30th I had 2 more. When I went to give him his iPads this week when I saw him here in the states he says "Why don't you keep one of them for yourself?"....pretty cool huh?? He's going to pay for the 2 I got BTW

Now what do I do with the extra still shrink wrapped unit?? Do I take it back to the Apple store? Do I sell it on eBay? Do I offer it to someone on this forum????

I sort of hate to take it back to the store even though I'm still within the window....especially when I know that they are still in short supply and I kind of want someone who really wants one to get it.....on the other hand I could sell it on eBay likely for a profit but then there are all the issues with people scamming others.....any thoughts and advice would be welcome and appreciated???????

Take it back to the Apple Store. Less hassle and you'll get a return receipt from them. Then put the money in a hole somewhere - and when the iPad II comes out you'll have most of the cash to upgrade.

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Flooding in Tennessee Delaying Apple Products

Flooding in Tennessee

Service Update

Customers should expect delays using FedEx Express® service to the Nashville area, including Clarksville, because of severe flooding. There may also be service delays in Millington and Dyersburg in West Tennessee. We are committed to providing service to the best of our ability in areas that can be safely accessed, and we will continue to monitor the situation. Depending on local conditions, pickups and deliveries may be affected.

Shipping to affected areas?
To help avoid delays, we encourage you to contact your recipients to verify if their location is accepting shipments. Delivery will be attempted when it is safe to do so.

Continue to check the status of your shipments on fedex.com before going to any staffed FedEx location in affected areas. You can also contact FedEx Customer Service at 1.800.GoFedEx 1.800.463.3339.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For the rock generation, a leading US maker of hearing aides is coming out with a wicked new hearing aide that fits behind the ear and an invisible tube comes from there to an insert into the ear canal. The nifty thing about this is that it also serves as a bluetooth earpiece.

Brad Groux

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bradgroux.com
I'd like to formerly request an iPad 3G forum, so that people can discuss 3G problems and issues more openly. This topic has over 2000 replies and over 200 pages, so it is tough to get through. If there was a 3G forum then people could ask and respond to certain questions... it would reduce the redundancy tremendously.

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd like to formerly request an iPad 3G forum, so that people can discuss 3G problems and issues more openly. This topic has over 2000 replies and over 200 pages, so it is tough to get through. If there was a 3G forum then people could ask and respond to certain questions... it would reduce the redundancy tremendously.

Go change your settings to allow more posts per page. I see only 51 pages, but you are right this is one long threaded conversation about the iPad 3G.

Rick Ornberg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.eaglemountainpromotions.com

As I understand it, the 3G Support thread was initially started for those who were obsessively waiting (like me) for the 3G model to ship to commiserate --- and, eventually, literally track hundreds of poor FedEx drivers as they drove through various neighborhoods, etc. Seems like a good idea to cap it, and allow for new 3G-specific threads to develop if needed.

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hey guys, can 3G ipad make phone call? if i use BT ear set? it will look professional.

With the whistle phone application you can make calls. I only briefly tried it, but it seems to work.

Or you could jailbreak the iPad and then you can turn on VOIP on 3G. Then you can use Skype.

Reestemple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions