What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3G Support Group Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Very happy wit my 3G so far...only one disappointment: Either ABC or AT&T has disabled streaming video in the ABC entertainment app for 3G users...popup advises to find a wifi network. A minor thing and the app is free anyway.

Yeah, I noticed and it stinks. I don't have wifi at work.:mad:

Well I guess I will be jail breaking my iPhone after all! ;)

iKimm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good AM,

My son and I watched Jumanji through netflix last night. That is soooo awesome! Being able to stream movies is a really great thing and the netflix app is free! You do have to be a customer of netflix to use it. :D

I LOVE the keyboard and typing on it. It really does amaze me. :p

If you haven't already... you should download the iPad Weather Channel app and Accuweather .... I believe they are both free and really really COOL!!:)

My son was up at 7am playing on it again. He is 10 and he LOVES it.

I have not seen anyone with an iPad out and about yet either. I am sure most people are nervous since that guys' finger was taken off. That was terrible.

A good day to you all playing on your iPad ;)

MacCarl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I woke up laughing after staying up way too late watching bits of all my favorite movies and shopping For iBooks. The only book I really wanted is not in their inventory, but this thing is way cool. Gotta make coffee...

socalpimp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
3G limitations

So far 3G really slow, YouTube videos on 3G are unwatchable, netflix is really bad, no abc, seems AT&T has crippled this device
:mad:

MacCarl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, what about these finger prints and smears all over this beautiful screen? Know, I know, but I do work in a hospital and we are very concerned with the spread of bacteria, and I can almost see them squirming around on the screen. Is it just glass and should we treat it like it is just glass and clean it like we would clean glass?

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So far 3G really slow, YouTube videos on 3G are unwatchable, netflix is really bad, no abc, seems AT&T has crippled this device

3G is a lot slower than landline based Internet. It is about the same or better than iPhone, but the needs of the large screen makes it appear worse.

dennis

iPF Noob
Reaction score

3G download speeds are also variable. It depends on the quality of the signal reception and how many other 3G users in your area are actively using 3G connections.

You might experience different results if you try it at other times, or in other cities, or even just from the other side of the house or building.

AbblePC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, what about these finger prints and smears all over this beautiful screen? Know, I know, but I do work in a hospital and we are very concerned with the spread of bacteria, and I can almost see them squirming around on the screen. Is it just glass and should we treat it like it is just glass and clean it like we would clean glass?

I would not spray any liquids directly onto the screen, such as one might do while cleaning glass. The liquids can seep inside and cause damage if not hamper the screen with moisture build-up beneath the glass. Also probably void your warranty if you set off one or more of the spill detector dots inside the unit.

You can use Windex if you first spray it onto a cloth (lint free) then wipe down the screen and use a buffing cloth to shine it again.
There is also many screen cleaning kits about for the iPhone which should work fine for the iPad. Remember that the screen has an oleo phobic coating and using harsh materials or cleaning agents can or may cause damage by wearing down that coating.

When we replace iMac screens, Apple provides a kit that has a lint free cloth as well as both a sticky pad and a gummy (paint like) roller. The steps we take to remove all dust or debree from beneath those screens is cleaning in the same manor as I described above, then sliding (like rolling paint) the roller across the sticky pad to pull all dust or debree from the roller making it particularly clean then proceed in rolling over the LCD/LED panel with slight pressure until all dust is removed then pop the glass cover quickly back onto the bezel. Typically we then power up the unit looking meticulously for any dust that remained behind.

Not that you can remove the glass from the iPad for cleaning but at least this gives the steps taken to provide a clean panel environment for the iMacs and similar procedures as in using the roller process could make for a nice clean iPad. Although, I can admit I have never seen a roller type cleaning apparatus such as this for the iPad, it would be a neat cleaning kit if some one made it available.

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you go to the grocery store you'll find micro cleaning cloths usually for about 5 bucks each. They do an excellent job and require no fluids.

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone having issues with the cimo covers and your G3? I bought the gel one and i can't get the damned thing to fit!

ziva123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
2:18 PST still waiting, my husband is sitting outside waiting for the d#@m thing to get here! I'm the fan boy in the family not him......I guess I can go get in line at the apple store pretty soon!!! PLEASE HURRY....I HAVE A LIFE...REALLY I DO..it's here some where...I know it is.... if I keep looking I know I'll find it....maybe........
3:00 PM OMG FEDEX truck just left our street, hubby is getting in the car to chase him down....

Probably the delivery truck for ground service? What happened?

Yes it was the wrong Fedex truck! Who knew...got a truck education today, CSR must think I'm a nut case! I GOT IT @ 3:20 PST. I love it, my sweet husband who is tech challenged is happy it got here, now life can get back to normal. My 40 something son is lurking around waiting for it to finish with iTunes.....the 10 and 7 year old grand kids are already fighting over "turns",
I guess the DS is dead! Just another Christmas in April.

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I would be very careful what you put on the screen and no alcohol based liquids ever. If you're that concerned consider a dry application screen protector. If applied correctly they should be invisible to you. You can clean it with whatever you want and if you ruin it you just peel it off and get another. I ordered the SGP Anti Fingerprint protector and I'll let you guys know how it is when I get it. In the meantime the dry microfiber suggestion is best and only safe method.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts