What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3G Support Group Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TelSteve

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Been watching mine sync for sometime. I don't want to interrupt it but I'm having a hard time keeping my hands away from the "cancel Sync" slider...:(

Rasputina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As I'm getting this set up I have a question: Does the iPad know to first check for a wifi signal and if there isn't one check for a 3G signal? Has anyone yet found the need to manage between wifi and 3G - turning one off and one on?

My plan is to leave wifi on anytime I'm home, since I can use my wireless network and to turn on 3g when I take the ipad out.

I want to minimize battery usage, no need to have both on at the same time. Easiest way to turn both off at once is to turn on airplane mode, I do that sometimes on my iphone when I go to bed.

iKimm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh dear... my son loves the iPad just as much as I do... I am being a nice Mom... we are taking turns!! :)

On another note... I wonder how CRAZY the Apple stores are right now?!?!?

Rasputina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow. It's even better than I thought it would be!

One odd thing when I first synched it though. iTunes said I had previously synched an iPad. The time listed was when I last synched my iPod touch. Anybody else experience this?

Yes I got the same message... I think it is because of the apps... and I have an iphone... that is what it was referring to for me even though it did say iPad... freaked me a bit at first! LOL...

It will restore from iphone, didn't try it with ipod touch. My wifi ipad I first restored from my iphone though, because I wanted all my saved data from my diary app ect.

ladydi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As I'm getting this set up I have a question: Does the iPad know to first check for a wifi signal and if there isn't one check for a 3G signal? Has anyone yet found the need to manage between wifi and 3G - turning one off and one on?

The iPad appears to work just like the iPhone does in this regard. It automatically joins (or asks to) wifi networks when it detects one and flips over to 3G if it doesn't find one. I can walk in and out of my house and the iPad will connect to wifi when I walk into range without me doing anything.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Yes just like the 3gs phone it looks at wifi first then if no wifi goes to 3g signal

ladydi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have iTunes on my laptop and it is not charging the iPad even when my laptop is running on ac power. Everything syncs fine but no charge. Anyone have any info regarding this?

ziva123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
2:18 PST still waiting, my husband is sitting outside waiting for the d#@m thing to get here! I'm the fan boy in the family not him......I guess I can go get in line at the apple store pretty soon!!! PLEASE HURRY....I HAVE A LIFE...REALLY I DO..it's here some where...I know it is.... if I keep looking I know I'll find it....maybe........
3:00 PM OMG FEDEX truck just left our street, hubby is getting in the car to chase him down....

socalpimp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
2:18 PST still waiting, my husband is sitting outside waiting for the d#@m thing to get here! I'm the fan boy in the family not him......I guess I can go get in line at the apple store pretty soon!!! PLEASE HURRY....I HAVE A LIFE...REALLY I DO..it's here some where...I know it is.... if I keep looking I know I'll find it....maybe........
3:00 PM OMG FEDEX truck just left our street, hubby is getting in the car to chase him down....

HAHAHAHAAH!!! Thats the funniest post I have heard since Ive been following this thread!! I can just see the panic on his face.

ladydi

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Probably the delivery truck for ground service? What happened?

Tucker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OMG...I am so pissed...

my roommate took down my signature authorization page and my Ipad didnt get delivered!!

I am going to go try to get it from the distribution center, if not...I have to wait till Monday.

I think I might die of a brain aneurysm

chiffchaff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK it's 4:20 and FedEx is supposed to deliver by 4:30. He'd better hurry up - I'm starting to come unglued reading about everyone else having theirs already!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts