What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3G Support Group Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tucker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
WTF....Mine shipped from CA yesterday afternoon and is now in Tennessee.

I live near Denver...

now, how does this work? seems stupid to me

Femolala

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's the scenario:
I ordered 2, 3g's arriving here hopefully Friday mid-day. I'm surprising my wife with one for no special occasion other than why not.
I have a great dinner planned at home, even champagne and candle light.
It will be a fun surprise!
My problem is, should I open mine when it arrives (she'll be at work all day) and set it up and play with it, or should I keep it packaged (with LOTS of will power) and wait until I surprise her, and we both will enjoy the same experience of excitement at the same time?
I do have will power, but damn, I've been pre-ordered for 6 weeks and have been going crazy waiting like all of us....
What to do...:)

wait for her...,, you waited this long... ;)

Femolala

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just checked with my bank.. my CC still not charged.. but my pads

Apr 29, 2010 9:03 PM
Arrived at FedEx location

MEMPHIS, TN​

anyone else with this situation..

Tucker

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Arrived at FedEx location

MEMPHIS, TN​

nope...my money has been gone for well over a week. but my ipad is in TN

tigerbait1953

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Haven't a clue about my credit card, but mine is in Memphis as well as of just after midnight. Updates are kind of screwy since it means that it would have taken 18 hours to go from Nashville to Memphis. I think all the updates are lagging by several hours.

Tucker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hope so, cause mine has roughly 12 hours to travel from TN to denver, then to my rural town, and then my house. at least 3 stops/sorts left...

xardoz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine started from Middleton, PA which is 51 miles from me, to Newark, NJ which is 272 mi from me, to Indianapolis, IN which is 477 miles from me the opposite direction, which is where it sets as of 4:25AM eastern. I'm sure there is some kind of logic to that but I fail to see it :confused:

Femolala

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Arrived at FedEx location​

MEMPHIS, TN​

I was pre-authorized over a week ago as well (Apr 21) but the cash is still only pre-authorized... fortunately.. the shippment is going ahead as normal..
Apr 30, 2010 3:08 AM
Departed FedEx location​

MEMPHIS, TN​

another issue i just noticed is that the weight has changed as well(was 7 pds now 9pds, ordered 2 64g). Could be the pad be growing ???!!?
Service type
Standard Overnight - Indirect Signature Required
helpIcon.gif

Weight
9.0 lbs/4.1 kg

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Arrived at FedEx location​

MEMPHIS, TN​

I was pre-authorized over a week ago as well (Apr 21) but the cash is still only pre-authorized... fortunately.. the shippment is going ahead as normal..
Departed FedEx location​

MEMPHIS, TN​

another issue i just noticed is that the weight has changed as well(was 7 pds now 9pds, ordered 2 64g). Could be the pad be growing ???!!?
Service type
helpIcon.gif

Weight
9.0 lbs/4.1 kg

Your pad is not growing it's leaking. Apple puts helium inside of the iPad cases to make them lighter. Normally the iPads weigh in at about 12 1/2 lbs. The reason is that the battery, which lasts at least 10 hours, is very very heavy. They inject enough helium to get the weight down to about 1 1/2 lbs.

When you open your iPad today it will feel a bit like picking up a vial of mercury. Not to worry, Apple will swap you out with a new one :)

BTW - it will work fine until you get a replacement.

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok so the last shipping update has it arriving at Memphis @ 1am EDT. And it still weighs 4lbs? Have to put my 3G on a diet! Oh, and it's not filled with helium guys!...it's fairy dust...hence the "magical" portion of the device. I though you all knew that?

Last edited:

Femolala

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Departed FedEx location​

MEMPHIS, TN​

Service type
helpIcon.gif

Weight
9.0 lbs/4.1 kg

Your pad is not growing it's leaking. Apple puts helium inside of the iPad cases to make them lighter. Normally the iPads weigh in at about 12 1/2 lbs. The reason is that the battery, which lasts at least 10 hours, is very very heavy. They inject enough helium to get the weight down to about 1 1/2 lbs.

When you open your iPad today it will feel a bit like picking up a vial of mercury. Not to worry, Apple will swap you out with a new one :)

BTW - it will work fine until you get a replacement.

Thanks a million... My Pad is now in Houston at the sort facility... my pad is HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts