What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3G problem

mmeade111

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
I just got a new iPad and signed up for 3G network from O2. They set it up in store, installing the sim card etc and it was working fine. However it doesn't seem to work a lot of the time even when I have good coverage. I don understand this, my settings are automatic carrier although it doesn't state the particular carrier and I have cellular data on
Hope someone can help
Thanks

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same issue despite strong signal but I'm with 3. It worked perfectly until that solar storm a few weeks ago then since then the signal just goes? Not sure if it's connected with the storm or not but it started that day. Now I pull the sim and put it back or try turning on airplane mode on and off? Or reset?
Check with O2 too sometimes it takes so many complaints to get them to do any fix, they actually told me on the phone to get twenty more people to complain and report it! When me and friends had an issue where you will dial but call would hang and not connect. I had to start a group on fb just to find twenty people on O2 haha

ipad3rdGen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same issue despite strong signal but I'm with 3. It worked perfectly until that solar storm a few weeks ago then since then the signal just goes? Not sure if it's connected with the storm or not but it started that day. Now I pull the sim and put it back or try turning on airplane mode on and off? Or reset?
Check with O2 too sometimes it takes so many complaints to get them to do any fix, they actually told me on the phone to get twenty more people to complain and report it! When me and friends had an issue where you will dial but call would hang and not connect. I had to start a group on fb just to find twenty people on O2 haha

I had the same issue. I had to switch to Airplane mode for a few seconds, and then turn Airplane mode off, to find th 4G signal for AT&T. It would only work for a few hours, then drop the 4G.

To fix it, I found a setting in the cellular data connection settings to turn off LTE. Within seconds of toogling the LGE off, the 4G popped back on and has been on ever since. Hope this helps. I don't live in a LTE area, so I can leave it off.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't live in even a 4G area (yet) but have found a soft reset straightened out my connection issue. Its happened twice and since I had a wifi Ipad one for almost two years I don't know what to expect with my Ipad 3 and Verizon use yet.

Semel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
mmeade111 said:
Hi
I just got a new iPad and signed up for 3G network from O2. They set it up in store, installing the sim card etc and it was working fine. However it doesn't seem to work a lot of the time even when I have good coverage. I don understand this, my settings are automatic carrier although it doesn't state the particular carrier and I have cellular data on
Hope someone can help
Thanks

Have you tried a "reset network settings"?

Most reactions

Latest posts