What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3G Delayed Until May 7th in US

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
wi-fi-plus-3G.JPG

Multiple online sources, including the New York Times’ Gadgetwise blog, are reporting that new information has appeared today on the US Apple Online Store, denoting that the three 3G models will ship to customers “By May 7th”, which marks a slight delay from the end-of-April release date that was previously tagged to pre-orders.

The 16GB Wi-Fi + 3G model is available for pre-order for $629.00, the 32GB Wi-Fi + 3G model for $729.00, and the 64GB Wi-Fi + 3G model for $829.00. Shipping for all models is free.

Customers have a choice of two monthly data plans from AT&T – 250MB or unlimited. You can sign up for a contract-free data plan and change your service directly from your iPad if you so desire. AT&T data plans also include unlimited access to over 20,000 Wi-Fi hotspots at locations such as Starbucks and Barnes & Noble.

** Update, for those that pre-ordered the iPad 3G before today, you should still receive it by the end of the month according to recent emails sent out by Apple!

Ghuda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Boy, I just remember the Jedi mind-freak that I went through to get my wifi. looks like it's starting up again......

Tom Cat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I believe the May 7th date is for people ordering an Ipad 3G today. I called Apple when I heard about the May 7th date and was told my pre-ordered ipad 3g 64gb would arrive at the end of April. They have enough to meet their pre-order commitment on time. I hope that is true!!!!

TelSteve

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone seen/heard a shipping date for the first batch of 3G orders? I wonder if Apple will do it on another Saturday?

** Update: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-gene...-date-ipad-wi-fi-3g-available-april-30th.html

I guess I just need to read before I ask :)

Did they really have to pick the very LAST day of April?

When they say ship by end of April you'd hope to receive it by the end of the month. Of course April 30th is a Friday so it probably will arrive on a Saturday.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Might be a way to make sure they don't get a lot of phone calls since the office is closed..<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"> :(<v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></v:path><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shapetype>

Temp40

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.tabletbuzzblog.com
for those who pre-order soon enough from what I read their 3G iPad should arrive on the same day it's released, which of course has now been changed to April 30

york2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just checked my credit card and it looks like there is a temporary authorization for the iPad 3G I pre-ordered. Maybe they'll ship soon?

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone seen/heard a shipping date for the first batch of 3G orders? I wonder if Apple will do it on another Saturday?

** Update: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-gene...-date-ipad-wi-fi-3g-available-april-30th.html

I guess I just need to read before I ask :)

Did they really have to pick the very LAST day of April?

When they say ship by end of April you'd hope to receive it by the end of the month. Of course April 30th is a Friday so it probably will arrive on a Saturday.ffice:eek:ffice" /><o>:p></o>:p>
<o>:p></o>:p>
Might be a way to make sure they don't get a lot of phone calls since the office is closed..<v:shapetype id="_x0000_t75" stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o="">:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"> :(<v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v>:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></v>:path><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shapetype>

Technically it has always said 'ships late April' - and since they are probably shipping from China - something that starts shipping the 23rd to arrive on the 30th - that's within the time frame.

I just wish they would have advertised the date a month ago -- the guessing game was unnecessary.

Tom Cat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
According to Apple and FEDEX my iPad 3G Wifi with 64 GB will arrive TODAY BEFORE 10:30 AM. This is April 23 and it was shipped from China on April 20th. THANK YOU APPLE !!!!

TelSteve

iPF Noob
Reaction score
According to Apple and FEDEX my iPad 3G Wifi with 64 GB will arrive TODAY BEFORE 10:30 AM. This is April 23 and it was shipped from China on April 20th. THANK YOU APPLE !!!!

I hope this is true. Please let us know if it really does arrive today. Hard to believe.

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score

TomCat - you're they only poster I know that has a date like that to receive your 3G iPad. Are you sure you ordered a 3G? Are you related to Steve Jobs?

Tom Cat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My mistake. Apparently my old eyes jumped a line. I took delivery of my 10W USB Power Adapter today. When checking the bank this morning I noted that Apple had blocked the money for the Ipad. I then went to order status and read the wrong line. I heard that Apple has announced delivery on April 30th. I guess this old man will just have to wait another week for Christmas.

tykim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I pre ordered two 3G 64GB iPads. Apple debited my checking account for them yesterday, 22 April. Empirically over the past month, I have noticed that when my checking account was debited for the power adaptor, wireless keyboards, and iPad docks, cases, etc. the item was shipped within two days after my checking account had been debited.

Most reactions

Latest posts