What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3G current location not working

JZee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The current location for apps and maps not working whether connected 3G or wifi. Just stopped... ?:mad:

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Do you have location services turned off in settings? also the app will ask if you want to allow location services. After 3 times it wont ask you any more.

Jacamie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This happened to me. Discovered after researching it was because I had installed ssh from cydia and this is a known side effect of that.

Jacamie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You are lucky then mate.

"Many iPad jailbreaker reported broken location services after using spirit on their iPad WiFi, i.e. if you jailbreak a WiFi iPad and then attempt to use an app that wants to prompt you to use your location, you get a failure message. The problem is due to an unfixed bug in OpenSSH."

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
You are lucky then mate.

"Many iPad jailbreaker reported broken location services after using spirit on their iPad WiFi, i.e. if you jailbreak a WiFi iPad and then attempt to use an app that wants to prompt you to use your location, you get a failure message. The problem is due to an unfixed bug in OpenSSH."

thats the wifi only ipad, our 3G ipads have an actual GPS in them for location. Wifi ipad guess's your location.

OP
J

JZee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes and yes

Do you have location services turned off in settings? also the app will ask if you want to allow location services. After 3 times it wont ask you any more.

Location services turned on. I allow apps to use it.

OP
J

JZee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
do not have ssh installed

This happened to me. Discovered after researching it was because I had installed ssh from cydia and this is a known side effect of that.

...so it can't be that.

sreasey

iPF Noob
Reaction score

i have SSH installed and dont have this issue.

I have the same problem after do open ssh. I don't know how to fix it so that I do the hard reset. After hard reset, my devise cannot boot. It stuck at apple logo with 2 small lines at the edge of the screen. I have to do the restore from iTunes. Now, my GPS works again. Just want to share. I don't for sure that SSH cause it but this my story. Hope that someone might know better solution.

Bmoore13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Airport Mode

I had the same issue with finding my location after I used the airport mode. Was able to get it working by rebooting the system. It was strange I had ATT 3G network and a clear sky above but no location. Rebooted the system and every thing came back.

Bill

Most reactions