What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3G coming on May 7th

cimousa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.cimousa.com
19apr10uo0b235ipad.jpg

Apple has just updated its online store with a shipping date for the 3G-equipped variants of its iPad. As you can see, all varieties of the hallowed Apple tablet should be out and about by May 7th -- meaning that some deliveries could sneak out even earlier -- and you can expect AT&T will be ready and waiting for you to activate that $30 a month unlimited data plan. Just for the European record, that means the iPad will be out in full force for American consumers three days ahead of the announcement of specific international availability. Ah well, at least that gives the UK and others hope that they might see the 3G and WiFi-only slates coming out at the same time, which should be somewhere around the end of May.

iPad - Apple Store (U.S.)
iPad 3G coming on May 7th -- Engadget

Max

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.maxtatau.com
Good news finally, Ive been looking forward to it!
Gotta put up my wifi pad on CL (too tired to deal with ebay!) to switch a 3rd time...wow folks, Ive had 3 ipads in a month plus!

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Max said:
Gotta put up my wifi pad on CL (too tired to deal with ebay!) to switch a 3rd time...wow folks, Ive had 3 ipads in a month plus!

What happened to the second one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Max

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.maxtatau.com
Max said:

What happened to the second one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First one was on grand slam thank you mam 3rd of april 9.03am, wifi was shaky so I got a replacement a couple of days ago, which Im to be selling in order to pick up a 3G May 7th at 9.02! :)

3 iPads in a period of 4 weeks of release! (I like to get around, can you tell?):)

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
WAIT WAIT - This just received by E-Mail:

Date: 04/19/2010
Our order number: 7133117494
PO number: 5052875452
Web order number: W69270020
Apple customer no:

To Our Valued Apple Customer:

Thank you for your recent order of the magical and revolutionary
iPad 3G.

We would like to confirm that your order will be shipped in late
April as communicated at the time you placed your order. You will
receive a confirmation notice when your order has shipped.

You can get up-to-date information about your order, including
shipping status and tracking number, at http://www.apple.com/orderstatus

Thank you for choosing Apple.

Sincerely,
The Apple Store Team

Last edited:

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is probably for all new orders going forward. My order still says "Late April". I guess we will know for sure when someone preorders today at some point.

Rasputina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
WAIT WAIT - This just received by E-Mail:

Date: 04/19/2010
Our order number: 7133117494
PO number: 5052875452
Web order number: W69270020
Apple customer no:

To Our Valued Apple Customer:

Thank you for your recent order of the magical and revolutionary
iPad 3G.

We would like to confirm that your order will be shipped in late
April as communicated at the time you placed your order. You will
receive a confirmation notice when your order has shipped.

You can get up-to-date information about your order, including
shipping status and tracking number, at Apple Order Status

Thank you for choosing Apple.

Sincerely,
The Apple Store Team

I got the same email this morning.

rho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Someone please place an order and let us know what the date you get when you order now is -- I want to order but I am going to be away for 5 days and fear it would come then ....

Last edited:

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any iPad ordered today will ship by May 7th, and I think it is safe to say, it would not ship much sooner. If they ship it and the person is not there to sign for it, they will leave a notice to call the local shipper and arrange pickup or deleivery.

The issue I see, is that they only promise to ship in April. If so, then a May 1 delivery is very possible until we get concrete info.

Dragonrider

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the "late April" E-mail too - ordered on 3/12. Given that the 23rd is "Earth Day", and I wouldn't count the iPad as "green", I'm betting on shipments starting on the 27th, to arrive by the 30th - ie: late April. Also note that my CC has not been hit for the iPad - all of the accessories, yes, but not the iPad.

rho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any iPad ordered today will ship by May 7th, and I think it is safe to say, it would not ship much sooner. If they ship it and the person is not there to sign for it, they will leave a notice to call the local shipper and arrange pickup or delivery.

The issue I see, is that they only promise to ship in April. If so, then a May 1 delivery is very possible until we get concrete info.

anyone know how long the shippers hold things?

Most reactions

Latest posts