What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Be careful what you wish for....
Your macpad could be more pad than mac.

Perhaps OS11 and 12 will be more like iOS5.
'tis a consummation devoutly to be wished."

OS11 or 12???? OS11 is about 10 years in the future and twelve probably 20 to 30 based on their release schedule!!

OP
RudyL90

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
gentlefury said:
OS11 or 12???? OS11 is about 10 years in the future and twelve probably 20 to 30 based on their release schedule!!

I do not think he meant iOS.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

DLCrouch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
4g and a network that can actually deliver it. I'm talking to you ATT!

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love my iPad 2, but I'd like it much more with better cameras, better android/web os type of notification system, option to turn adobe flash on and off, native safari browser with desktop mode option and desktop multiple tabs, and USB port.

I agree 100%, what an awesome device the iPad 2 could have been with these simple changes.

Apple could have done all these things easily but then nobody would have felt the need to buy the iPad 3...........

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
gentlefury said:

I do not think he meant iOS.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Neither did I....OSX 10.0 was release in 2001.....10 years ago. We are now up to 10.7.

At that speed 11.0 will be out in about 7 years, and 12 in about 20.

We should actually see iOS 11 before Mac OS 11

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No matter what they add someone will still be unhappy. Retina display will cut down on battery life, so I vote no on that. Hd camera increases cost so no to that too. Now a more open os and user accounts that's a yes. A carbon fiber body to save a few grams of weight thats a yes. A lower cost that's a big yes. They"ll make it up in app sales. These are few things IMO will make the pad more usable

Sent from my iPad using iPF

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
And how about a standard charger, I hate caring so many different chargers.

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iPad/iPod/nano chargers are not standard. HTC and

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Android, jump drives motorolla

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mini USB connectors are standard... Sorry for the multiple-post I'm typing and walking and failing at both

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple usb plug is a standard USB....and its a universal accessory adapter. It can be turned into anything from analog AV to controller to car dock you name it. If it had a micro USB connector it would have a bunch of other holes all over it to accommodate everything else.

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
zipur said:
And how about a standard charger, I hate caring so many different chargers.

The iPad charger is a normal USB charger. How can Apple make that more standardized? The iPad wall charger works with the iPad/iPod/Samsung phone/Amazon Kindle. Fairly standard, if you ask me.

I agree, I use the apple wall charger to charge my ipad2, my 9 year old daughters Nano and her IPod Touch, my DroidX phone and all three of my Kindles. Seems standard to me.

My only beef with apple there is how freaking short the cord is that came with it. Talk about cheap, I have an outlet right next to my kitchen table and I can't, plug the ipad2 into it without an extension cord. Would it have killed all their profit to make the cord a foot or so longer??

This kind of Mickey mouse stuff on apples part is really annoying, the cords that came with both the DroidX and the Kindles reach that outlet easily.........

Most reactions

Latest posts