What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nvidia announced its quad core processors with 12 core GPU's. Sounds years away right? Nope, August of this year for tablets and the end of the year for phones. They will smoothly run hugely complex multimedia at 2560*1440 resolution on a 10" tablet.

If Apple is going to continue using its own processor they better come up with something big for the iPad 3. If they want to stay competitive in the market though.

Just for reference, the iPhone 4's screen is 326 DPI, this will be 300DPI and the current iPad is 132DPI so it's a huge difference in clarity.

Looks like I'll be upgrading my Motorola Xoom in August. :)

I can't wait!!

For you to get a Xoom and start complaining on their forum that it's not what you expected.

There will be no complaints, I already know I like the features offered by it better, I already know I like Honeycomb (after playing around with it on a Nook color), and I already know that it won't be locked down like the iPad is, so I can enjoy it more. Will it be perfect? Of course not, will it be substantially better than the iPad for me? Oh hell yes.

OP
Seadog

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have to wonder how you could use Honeycomb on a Nook when they have not even issued it to the manufacturers yet. And a Nook does not have the muscle to make it work.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have to wonder how you could use Honeycomb on a Nook when they have not even issued it to the manufacturers yet. And a Nook does not have the muscle to make it work.

Do a Google search. The hackers/developers over on XDA got it running on a Nook a few weeks ago. It runs the basic operating system fine, I didn't try any games or anything, but I used it enough to get a good feeling of the interface.

The Nook might be slow stock, but in can be overclocked to run it better.

Last edited:

cmarison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welp...

Do a Google search. The hackers/developers over on XDA got it running on a Nook a few weeks ago. It runs the basic operating system fine, I didn't try any games or anything, but I used it enough to get a good feeling of the interface.

The Nook might be slow stock, but in can be overclocked to run it better.

My wife and I owned the Xoom for about 16 hours. During that time, we both logged about 2 hours each on the device. Our wrists have never hurt so bad in our entire lives. Do not try to play games on it, for holding it up to use the tilt function kills your wrists after about 20 minutes. We found ourselves finding inventive ways to try to prop it up and still use the gyro function.

Additionally, we were disappointed not to see more apps tailored to the Xoom on the market yet. The lack of Flash at launch along with the failure for Motorola to work with Skype to make a running version that utilizes video chat at launch was also disappointing. It's like getting a new car with "A/C" available in the future but that can't be used right now, and you live on the surface of the sun...

Motorola constantly appears to be doing the same thing with their devices, rushing them/making them big and clunky. Go back to the Razr team and figure out where you're going wrong!

Best-
Cmarison

Most reactions

Latest posts