iPad 3

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Seadog, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Demandarin

Demandarin
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Exactly!! Plus im getting tired of all this retina display hype. Ok, iphone4 has it, so what..lol its a little screen. Id rather look at my current ipad display anyday over a small screen no matter how good the display is. Its not a night n day difference in quality. People act like ipad is in black n white n this new retina display is in color :-/ ipad display is great IMO. Sure, ima love it when ipad gets an even better display but until then, doesnt matter to me. Im more impressed by more processing power, more better features, Camera, more memory, etc.... :p

2. thekarens

thekarens
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Some tech blogs are speculating that iPad 2 will be like iPhone 3GS and iPad 3 will be like iPhone 4. A little jump from 1 to 2 and a big jump from 2 to 3. If 3 does come out in the fall I will be tempted.

3. Thphilli

Thphilli
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    It can't be, because it would be "dead on arrival". They are "too big to compete with a smartphone and too small to compete with the iPad". "This size is useless unless you include sandpaper so users can sand their fingers down to a quarter of their size."

4. Thphilli

Thphilli
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    So can anyone tell me what graphics processor they would use to drive a 2048x1536 screen while playing games like Infinity Blade?? Because nothing out on the market right now would come close. MAYBE, and this is a big maybe, MAYBE they could pull it off with the graphics processor of the NGP, sony's new PSP. They claim its roughly 4x better than any graphics processor out now and it would need to be because it would be running 4x the pixels. I don't think Apple usually likes to cut it that close. And since the NGP is set to hit for Holiday 2011, I doubt there would be near the scale available of these chips to produce the iPad3.

It just doesn't make sense.

5. Superbike81

Superbike81
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    That's the same thing I said when everyone started getting excited about that impossible double resolution theory. I wanna know what moron made that up. Shows you how gullible people are.

6. Demandarin

Demandarin
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Thats the device i remembered that was gonna be wayyyyy ahead of the game. Its gonna have a quad core processor! When most mobile devices are now just getting dual core! Thnkx for the reminder. Ipad 2 or 3 gets that technology, it will be The Cutting Edge ;-)

7. gentlefury

gentlefury
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Not likely

8. Superbike81

Superbike81
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Nvidia announced its quad core processors with 12 core GPU's. Sounds years away right? Nope, August of this year for tablets and the end of the year for phones. They will smoothly run hugely complex multimedia at 2560*1440 resolution on a 10" tablet.

If Apple is going to continue using its own processor they better come up with something big for the iPad 3. If they want to stay competitive in the market though.

Just for reference, the iPhone 4's screen is 326 DPI, this will be 300DPI and the current iPad is 132DPI so it's a huge difference in clarity.

Looks like I'll be upgrading my Motorola Xoom in August. :)

9. gentlefury

gentlefury
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    I can't wait!!

For you to get a Xoom and start complaining on their forum that it's not what you expected.

10. SweetPoison

SweetPoison
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:

OMG. That was freakin hilarious!!!

And so true.

At first I was like.. you can't wait? You are getting one? Then I read the last sentence. About died.