What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The story coming out is that the iPad 3 may be brought out in September to put it on track with the iPods. It would have several advantages, and could put a big hurt on the Android 3.0 based tablets. I suspect that Apple may be anxious to get the higher resolution screen out and could not do it on the iPad 2, so they saw the advantages of bringing out the iPad 3 six months early. Of course, this is still rumor, but it raises some interesting points and questions of what else would be added.

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So apple is going to release an iPad this summer which is dead in the water so that they can release the real competition to android 8 months after the android tablets start shipping??? And they do this why? It's not like it will make them more money? They have a successful business of spacing out releases to once a year. This will not happen.

thekarens

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wouldn't say it won't happen. You should check out the article on Mac Rumors. It's an interesting theory..

Sent from my HTC Evo 4g

OP
Seadog

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the big issue is with people not wanting to get an iPad for Christmas, knowing that a new model would be coming out in March or April.

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the big issue is with people not wanting to get an iPad for Christmas, knowing that a new model would be coming out in March or April.

Then wouldn't they just delay the iPad 2??? Why would they produce millions of them when in six months its completely obsolete and no one wants it.

OP
Seadog

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are still people that want an iPad. This way, they get upgrades that will make them happy, and may attract some who want to upgrade. No matter when they do an upgrade, it will irritate some customers and please others.

Mbradley0121

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought my iPad in January knowing full well the iPad 2 was supposed to be out in the spring. It really didn't matter to me since I had heard the iPad 3 would be out before end of 2011. Had some discussion with someone from the Apple store in Chicago about this going on. The thought was Apple might not release iPad 2 as planned.

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guess this will be a wait and see thing. I'll continue to enjoy my iPad in the meantime.

Mike_73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guess there is not too much tempting stuff for me right now to consider replacing my current iPad. I love my iPod 4 display, so I'll wait as long as it takes until they sell an iPad with retina...

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you're always going to wait for the next, better model to come out...well you'll be waiting a very very long time.

Mike_73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not waiting for the next better one. I'm waiting for retina. Until then, my iPad 1 just does what I need it for. :)

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iPad 2 is seen as an incremental update, whereas the speculation is that the iPad 3 would be an alternative higher quality model targeted at power users.
Rumour suggests the anticipated retina quality screen at double the resolution.

Makes sense to offer more than one model and would be a neat counter to all those emerging iPad killers.....

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This will be interesting. I had decided I wouldn't upgrade until 3 but even then it may not offer enough to warrant an upgrade. I have lots of room, things work well, actually can't think of a major reason to upgrade but expect they will offer something I didn't realize I needed at some point LOL. I haven't seen the retina display but am sure I'd liie it but not sure I would consider an upgrade for that. I really don't want a camera so wonder whqt else they might offer to tempt me.

Diane

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We don't even have official word on the iPad 2 and people are already speculating about the iPad 3?

What's the point? It's like treading water, you are doing all this work, but you aren't getting anywhere. Let's at least wait until see what the iPad 2 is going to have before we worry what the next one might have.

Most reactions

Latest posts