What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 3 Wont Connect to my Home Wifi

Bazzi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello All.
i just got a brand new ipad here friday..

i have been fighting for hours. and talked to Apple Care for like 3 hours now. ive done everything etc with reseting the ipad and the networks settings
for some reason my wifi wont connect to my Ipad 3 i put in the right SSID in. and the right password.. and i have done everything Apple have told me.. and it still dont work. i dont know how to fix this at all.. on my Iphone it works perfect. but not the ipad.

and i have the Netgear N900 WDR4500 can it be my router

can someone please help. can it be my ipad do i really need to return it again ???. is there any fix for this. ?

axis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm sure you have already checked this but ...
Have you ensured that you are entering you pass code with the caps lock on? These codes are case sensitive.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I would try giving the router a reboot. Unplug it and leave it off for a few minutes before plugging it back in.

sam2caps

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think it's also possible that your security type is not supported, have you tried changing that as well?

Jduckip3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Turn the security off on your router for a few minutes. It if works then, it's the security, if not, security isn't an issue, turn it back on (in either case turn it back on when you are done with the test) I had to return my first iPad 3 because the 5ghz wireless a/n wasn't working. Unit was checked at the Apple Store and they confirmed that side of the radio was dead. Try to connect to both the 2.4 and 5 ghz band.

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
Most common issue in this case is the MAC address filtering that is activated in the router. Check if it is activated and turn it off for testing. If it works, then you just have to add your iPad MAC address to the list before turning it on again.

crw1948

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same router, use the highest security offered, and connect with Netgear57-5g without any problems. As a dual router, my iPhone 4 will only connect to the 2.5, not the 5G. I hope you solve your problem. I posted this to ensure you that the N900 does work with the new IPad.

OP
B

Bazzi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i had a chat with netgear everything works now. it was the acess list. that was blocking the ipad to connect

but thanks for all your reply and help :)

BocataDeChoped

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem! What should I do?:eek:

Like other guys said: disable network security and try to connect (DHCP enabled). If you can't check if the MAC address exclussion rules are activated and whether your iPad is on the list or not.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have the same problem! What should I do?:eek:

Ivana, it could be the same router problems as discussed above, BUT don't assume it. Have a go at this.

Open Settings, then General, then Network and tap WiFi. Then tap the blue arrow next to the wireless router you are connected to. Then tap "Forget this Network". Go back to WiFi and re-enter the network information originally required by your Internet Service Provider. That should do the trick.

Let us know if that worked. If not, try this. Go to General then tap Reset, then tap "Reset Network Settings". Reboot your iPad and connect to your Internet Service Provider as before. I hope that works for you. If still no good, post your result. There are solutions out there!
Regards, Andrew

amydaveg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem

I could get it to work for a short period of time by resetting network settings.

Any way you fix this so I don't have to reset every day?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Most reactions

Latest posts