What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3, Windows 7 and updated ver. of iTunes - Advice needed please

KMP

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I have the iPad 3 and have updated to IOS6 with no issues.

I run Windows 7 Professional 64-bit and currently use iTunes v. 6.3.25. I have not updated to iTunes v. 7 as I thought I had read where there are numerous issues for Windows 7 and the updated version of iTunes.

Is this correct? Are there issues? Should I update or continue using the version I have now?
Any advice and explanations are appreciated and thank you.

Thank you for any and all advice.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't know of any issues. I have v10.7.0.21 on my system. If you are fearful, why not wait until the new & revamped iTunes comes out? I think it is supposed to land this month.

And BTW, iTunes, IMO, has always been "flakey" on Windows.

OP
K

KMP

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There a revamped version coming out???? Maybe I'll wait.. I can WiFi sync and everything works fine right now. By the way, when you do update to a new version, do you just update and it installs over the previous version or do you un-install your previous version? .... and the updated version remembers all your apps, music, books, etc,? Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, I just update over the previous version and *everything* is remembered. I have not had a problem with that.

Yes, there is a revamped version coming out. I am so hoping I can stop hating iTunes!!! If it is good I will celebrate! :)

OP
K

KMP

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the response...I hope I can stop being intimidated by iTunes...!

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
NO problems here either with WIN7x64 and iTunes v10.7.0.21.............
Synces up the ipad3 just fine with no issues.

Most reactions

Latest posts