1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

iPad 3 will recognise my Zoom H4n as an external mic/interface

Discussion in 'iPAD Connect' started by danbs12, Oct 5, 2012.

1. danbs12

danbs12 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi, please help.
    I have iPad3, Zoom H4n and a camera connection kit.
    My objective is to connect the zoom to my ipad and record directly onto the ipad using the zoom h4n, I will be recording into "multi-track DAW" app.
    But it is not working, I am powering the zoom with the mains charger and then run the USB from the zoom into the CCK and then into my ipad. I then turn on the zoom h4n and select "audio interface" and then "connect", so theoretically it should now work, but it doesn't. When I open the multi track daw app and start recording it is still using the ipad's internal mic and there are no options allowing me to change the input source. I know this can be done as i have watched loads of people on youtube doing exactly the thing that I am trying th acheive. I have sent these people messages asking for help but none of them have replied to me.
    Please help.
    Thanks
    Dan
  2. AQ_OC

AQ_OC Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +430 / 0
    Can you point to one of those youtube videos? I have an interest in this as well. I don't have that model zoom, though.