What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3 will have a "Truly Amazing" Display, Says sources deep within Apple

wicked

iPF Noob
Reaction score

ipad3greatdisplay.jpg

The New York Times is going to put more wood on the fires of iPad 3 rumors with this new gossip about the extraordinary powers of the future tablet coming out of Apple experimental labs.

A chatty Apple employee, who failed to reveal his name for obvious reasons, apparently told the publication that the iPad 3 is being tested within the company. He did share some interesting information like the fact that the next generation iPad will be essentially the same size and shape as the iPad 2 but will be sporting an wonderful and “truly amazing screen†and a faster processor.

This is all aligning with the rumors claiming that Apple will be bringing with the iPad 3 the wonderful Retina Display technology, but will look pretty similar to the iPad 2. The Retina Display is known for providing high-resolution 2048 x 1536 pixels that will support better clarity. Four time better than the current iPad 2 display actually.

There’s no word yet on what the device is going to be called. Will it be named the iPad 3 or will it be called the iPad 2S? It’s not sure yet, but since everybody was expecting the iPhone 5 to come after the iPhone 4, we can imagine anything. The iPhone 4S shocked the tech community when it was released sporting only some modest hardware and software changes instead of having radical plastic surgery as so many people were expecting. But more details are expected to be available soon as the product will finally be completed and be ready to be handled by hands outside the Apple stronghold.

Source: Apple Forums via Softpedia

Milanno

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Curious how Apple is going to achieve that level of resolution without a significant jump in consumer cost.
AA

I would say this:
- Design will be untouched
- Processor will be on same architecture - just overclocked
- RAM will be with same amount of memory
- iPad buyers use iPad for surfing & gaming most of time, so display is most important feature.
That will be only part on iPad 3 that is newly developed

All other parts on iPad 3 will be tweaked iPad 2 parts (not newly developed)

Now try to make some calculations ;) Profit will be huge on iPad 3 because that is old product with fresh screen.

chuckfinley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Milanno said:
I would say this:
- Design will be untouched
- Processor will be on same architecture - just overclocked
- RAM will be with same amount of memory
- iPad buyers use iPad for surfing & gaming most of time, so display is most important feature.
That will be only part on iPad 3 that is newly developed

All other parts on iPad 3 will be tweaked iPad 2 parts (not newly developed)

Now try to make some calculations ;) Profit will be huge on iPad 3 because that is old product with fresh screen.

haha biggest rip off in the damn universe!

Milanno

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I hope that you are right my friend ;)

Compare iPhone 4S specs over iPhone 4. And despite 4S was overclocked iPhone 4, selling results was enormous!

matcamp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would say that, in addition to the features that Milanno told, it could be the time for new bluethoot 4.1 and 4G network..

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
chuckfinley said:

How can it be a rip off, given ipad 2 will still be on sale at a reduced price and buyers will have a choice.

RIP Steve Jobs 

AirPlayit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. Will it be named the iPad 3 or will it be called the iPad 2S? I guess iPad 3 will be pretty for me:)

Milanno

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. Will it be named the iPad 3 or will it be called the iPad 2S? I guess iPad 3 will be pretty for me:)

According to latest info about processor (that will be overclocked A5) it can be called iPad 2S very easily :(

Most reactions

Latest posts