What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 3....What would you like to see or predict for the next model.

fussy gamer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As always faster, lighter, thinner.
A massive drop in price would really be appreciated

OP
iPad 2 is cool

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree I think the retina display is a certainty. Hope Steve is reading along with us. If you are Steve then send us a sign, the world could end today (if you believe in prophecies), let us go with a vision of what could have been.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

mac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Basically a thinner MacBook Air with a convertible touchscreen and possibility to switch between OSX and iOS

OP
iPad 2 is cool

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mac said:
Basically a thinner MacBook Air with a convertible touchscreen and possibility to switch between OSX and iOS

Not the biggest fan of OS X myself.

Harley man

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like all of what I seen here .only thing I would add is make the screen from edge to edge that way the pad would be the same size but have a bigger screen

from USA bucks county pa Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
iPad 2 is cool

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Harley man said:
I like all of what I seen here .only thing I would add is make the screen from edge to edge that way the pad would be the same size but have a bigger screen

from USA bucks county pa Sent from my iPad using iPF

Excellent idea.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
most issues with iPad seem to revolve around iTunes and iOS including apps, these may be addressed in software updates so for the iPad 3, better cameras, faster processor and some kind of memory card slot......there must be a killer hardware add on that doesn't kill the battery but I can't figure it out, maybe Mr Ive or Mr Jobs can chip in here?

Otherwise.......

27" screen, 7.1 surround sound speakers, magnetic SmartTrolley for moving it around.

The Archangel

OP
iPad 2 is cool

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
27" screen, 7.1 surround sound speakers, magnetic SmartTrolley for moving it around.

The Archangel

I am trialing the prototype....wanna see a pic ?

Last edited by a moderator:

dessipation

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad 2 is cool said:
I am trialing the prototype....wanna see a pic ?

If you had the prototype, you would not speak of it; you would only take ideas from this thread.
Or you would be responsible for getting the person who had the prototype, fired.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
iPad 2 is cool

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dessipation said:
If you had the prototype, you would not speak of it; you would only take ideas from this thread.
Or you would be responsible for getting the person who had the prototype, fired.

Clearly you wanna see a pic of the 27" beast of a machine ?

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I would like to see a larger sized screen with the same basic form factor. Perhaps with a smaller bezel.
This would allow two apps to be opened side by side for copy pasting.
1280 would be fine, but better with a retina display would be very welcome.

Wouldn't like to see the basic size of the tablet increased though. 3D seems more of a gimmick than a necessity.

OP
iPad 2 is cool

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I saw a video on YouTube a while back as some tech experts (fools in my opinion....but very entertaining) disassemble and reassemble the iPad and iPad 2. If you view them, they show that there is loads of free space under the hood for all these suggestions. The only problem is that it may weigh as much a a brick, personally I could do with a bit more weight training.

Now that I have had the iPad 2 a while, the iPad 1 does feel a bit heavy on the ageing muscles though.

Most reactions