What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 3 sound turning on/off

elberin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My sound bar would switch on/off then disappear while playing music, vids, and games. If I play a game for 20 mins or so the sound goes back to normal without issue, till i shut it off. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have you tried rebooting the iPad? Hold down the power button until you see "slide to power off". Slide the slider across. Once it has powered down, hold down the power button for a few seconds until you see the apple logo. See if this fixes the problem.

Goofy

OP
E

elberin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tried rebooting, but the problem is still there. Also noticed that if I disconnect the cord after charging the sound problem occurs.

Bashee26

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I get a similar problem, I can listen to music , watch YouTube no probs, but get no sound on my lovefilm app and have noticed before on something but can't remember , any help be appreciated

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like Mute is active. Check the side switch. If you see an orange dot the iPad is muted. Move it back to enable system sounds.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

OP
E

elberin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The mute is off. Sound comes and goes, and if you're playing a game then it would freeze. Game not iPad

Last edited:

Bashee26

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
Sounds like Mute is active. Check the side switch. If you see an orange dot the iPad is muted. Move it back to enable system sounds.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

I have my mute setting set for page turn lock instead

Most reactions