What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad 3 slider theme need help!!!!!!!

ipad3001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have tried a few thing but i cant seem to change my slider to anything on my new ipad 3 and i was wondering if anyone has figured this out yet??

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
i have tried a few thing but i cant seem to change my slider to anything on my new ipad 3 and i was wondering if anyone has figured this out yet??

I am going to assume you have jail broken your iPad3, that you have Winterboard installed and that you are trying to use a theme from Cydia. Mainly because you can't change the slider on a stock iPad - only on a jail broken one.

The file names have changed on an iPad3. Now, they end in: @2x~ipad

So, take a look at the them you are trying to run. The file names for the slider start with "bottombarknob." Just make sure that any image in that theme that is titled so ends with "@2x~ipad."

So, one of the images will be bottombarknobgray@2x~ipad. The others will be similar, except not gray, but "red" or "green."

By the way, in order to edit the files, you'll need to go to the theme folder on the iPad. The best, on-iPad tool I've found is iFile ($4.00, USD). There are others (computer-based). The address of your theme is var/stash/Theme.../[theme name]/Bundles/com.apple.TelephonyUI

Hope this helps you get that slider changed. Holler back if you need more. Good luck.

Marilyn

P.S. And, since you talk about stuff that can only be done on a jail broken iPad, I've taken the liberty of moving your post over to the Hacking section. Thanks for your understanding.

Most reactions