What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3 - should it be thinner than iPad 2?

ipad987

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am wondering what you guys think. I would love to see it come down to the 1 pound mark in weight, but I am not sure about it being any thinner. If its too thin the fingers could start aching because it seems gripping something extremely thin for long period of time is not as comfortable as if it has a bit of size to it. I am not sure if science will back this up, but it just feels that way.

Last edited:

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As far as I know, the weight is mostly because of the battery. So they'd needy to make significant battery improvements to get the weight down more.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Honestly, I like the way the 2 feels as is. I dont want my devices getting too thin or flimsy. Its perfect as is....IMO.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When technology allows a smaller power source other than what is now used size will change but frankly I believe The iPad is about where it will be even with the next generation coming next year.

A.K

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think the I pad 2 is near perfection. A better display is all I can ask for that is if some one insists that I make some demand from. Apple lol.

hinke00

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, its near perfection, but the type of display is not good. e-ink doesnt cause headache, and this60hz flashing screen with backlight does. It would be a gerat improvement to somehow implement eink for reading webpages or books, and the backlight would be turned off than. The thing which annoys me is that when I pull down the backlight level the black letters also become darker, so it doesnt help with the too bright white blacklight. I want this to be more natural, and the lcd screen is bad for the eye.

hinke00

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipad987 said:
I am wondering what you guys think. I would love to see it come down to the 1 pound mark in weight, but I am not sure about it being any thinner. If its too thin the fingers could start aching because it seems gripping something extremely thin for long period of time is not as comfortable as if it has a bit of size to it. I am not sure if science will back this up, but it just feels that way.

If its lighter and also thinner, its easier to hold because you dont feel its gonna break apart.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think the I pad 2 is near perfection. A better display is all I can ask for that is if some one insists that I make some demand from. Apple lol.

I would agree with this. The display is "good" but the other tablets are mostly better in this regard. At least get an HD resolution on there....

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To my knowledge, none of the other displays that size have the resolution of the iPad. The inability of Samsung and others to mass produce higher definition display for the iPad in significant numbers is one of the issues that may hold up the iPad 3. I have heard very few people complain about the quality of the displays, and in most cases, the complaints are from the quality of the picture itself. If you look at a low res picture, the screen is not going to make it better.

Most reactions