What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 3 Sensitivity

cpoppen1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Ipad is going crazy. It runs by itself. Clicking on links when my hands aren't near keyboard. Typing continuiously when I am not touching it. I have tried cleaning the screen and that doesnt help. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Claude

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is the problem continuous or does it come and go? Have you tried resetting your iPad? Press and hold both the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears, then release both buttons and wait for the iPad to restart. If that doesn't work, try resetting all settings. Go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset All Settings. This won't erase any data but you will have to re-enter any passwords for sites that normally remember you and your wallpaper will revert to the default one. If this doesn't work, your iPad may have developed a hardware fault in the touchscreen which would explain the spurious inputs that cause the strange activity you've witnessed.

If you're near enough to an Apple Store make a Genius Bar appointment to have a diagnostic done to determine if there is indeed a hardware fault. If your warranty and AppleCare+, if any, have expired there would be a repair cost involved.

OP
C

cpoppen1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is the problem continuous or does it come and go? Have you tried resetting your iPad? Press and hold both the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears, then release both buttons and wait for the iPad to restart. If that doesn't work, try resetting all settings. Go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset All Settings. This won't erase any data but you will have to re-enter any passwords for sites that normally remember you and your wallpaper will revert to the default one. If this doesn't work, your iPad may have developed a hardware fault in the touchscreen which would explain the spurious inputs that cause the strange activity you've witnessed.

If you're near enough to an Apple Store make a Genius Bar appointment to have a diagnostic done to determine if there is indeed a hardware fault. If your warranty and AppleCare+, if any, have expired there would be a repair cost involved.
Scifan57,, thanks so much for your advise and sorry I am so late in responding. I tried resetting and that did not correct the probkem. I didn't want to reset the complete Ipad because the company has programs added to my Ipad and I didn't want to have to wait to get those reinstalled. I did receive information on Friday that they sould ne sending me a new ipad on Monday. Again Thanks!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Scifan57,, thanks so much for your advise and sorry I am so late in responding. I tried resetting and that did not correct the probkem. I didn't want to reset the complete Ipad because the company has programs added to my Ipad and I didn't want to have to wait to get those reinstalled. I did receive information on Friday that they sould ne sending me a new ipad on Monday. Again Thanks!
That's great news about the new iPad! Let us know how it goes, especially if there are any problems.

Reaction score
had the same problem with my iPad air. And I was told it was a glass replacement and the sensitivity replacement parts for $400 so I didn't fix it. One day outside it's decided to work about a half an hour later the screen literally exploded and puffed up. Needless to say I know I have a iPad mini and a real cool iPad Air
wall hanging. when I originally called Apple about my problem.my warranty ran out 2 days before my all. One week before Christmas and it was ridiculous to get the service I needed at a Apple Store

Brian 244

iPF Novice
Reaction score
had the same problem with my iPad air. And I was told it was a glass replacement and the sensitivity replacement parts for $400 so I didn't fix it. One day outside it's decided to work about a half an hour later the screen literally exploded and puffed up. Needless to say I know I have a iPad mini and a real cool iPad Air
wall hanging. when I originally called Apple about my problem.my warranty ran out 2 days before my all. One week before Christmas and it was ridiculous to get the service I needed at a Apple Store

Sounds like the battery blew up inside your device.

Most reactions