iPad 3 problems

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by eaglet, Sep 23, 2015.

1. eaglet

eaglet
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Hi,
    My iPad regularly gets very hot and not always when outside, any ideas please? I also have 5 pages of apps. but I can't get the apps. in alphabetical order, can you advise on this as well please?
    Cheers eaglet

2. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    If your iPad exceeds the maximum operating temperature it will shut down and you will receive a message on the screen saying that the iPad must cool down before it can be used. Have you received this message?
    If you're doing things on your iPad that maximize CPU usage, the iPad will heat up more than normal but unless you get the high temperature warning it shouldn't harm the iPad.

#2 scifan57, Sep 23, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  3. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Here's a way to get your apps into alphabetical order automatically - all of them, except for the built in apps:

Go to Settings - General - Reset, and choose Reset Home Screen Layout.

Apple's apps will appear on top of your apps, on the first page, followed by the other apps you purchased. If you wish to get the built in apps into alphabetical order as well, you'll have to move them to their right place manually.

Hope that helps.

4. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    If I remember right, this undoes any folders you've created. Be aware of that.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List