What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3 - problems viewing youtube website

etxp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
as the title says i am having trouble viewing youtube on my ipad. at first i thought it was my internet connection so i checkd on my laptop and its fine, im even using my ipad to post this so i dont think it is connection,

is there anyone else having problems with youtube?

cheers

ogilley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are a number of apps that will let you view YouTube, just search the App Store. As a last resort (or maybe your first choice), you can use Safari.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Rtomli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I spent hours downloading various YouTube apps and searching the web trying to find a solution to this problem. I was getting "video not available" and "playback error" messages depending on the APP. I finally stumbled across a recommendation to use the Google DNS server address in my network settings (8.8.8.8 ) I tried it and now my videos work great!

Last edited:

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
etxp said:
as the title says i am having trouble viewing youtube on my ipad. at first i thought it was my internet connection so i checkd on my laptop and its fine, im even using my ipad to post this so i dont think it is connection,

cheers

Are you on "YouTube.com"? If so this usually requires flash. Try going to "m.youtube.com" for the mobile site, which works for me; or you could download the official YouTube app from the App Store

Rtomli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
etxp said:

cheers

Try. Setting your dns ip to 8.8.8.8

Most reactions

Latest posts