What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad 3 problems jailbreaking and itunes wont install

ghetto_ken_doll

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok i have read and read and no one gives this answere so here i go
ipad 3 5.1.1 16gb model#MD328LL
i got a laptop with windows xp on it 32 bit i think
anyway after downloading absinthe 2.0.4
i plug my ipad in and the jailbreak button is grayed out nothing to click i have cut all my virus programs off
so then i read something about having itunes install i dont need to back anything up cause ipad is brand new outta the box
then i try to download itunes anyway cause i thought maybe that was needed but it wont download it goes to the window where it starts to go and a window pops up and says statu when it gets full it dont do anything ive tried restarting 10 times and trying over and over and over now im upset and i need help
thanks for your time newbie to the site always jailroke and unlock my iphones since 2007

Last edited by a moderator:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, you do need iTunes to run the Absinthe jail break tool and jail break your iPad.

So, from where are you trying to get the latest iTunes? Apple.com is the best place to get the most current version. If you get errors when trying to download iTunes, I suggest rebooting your computer and then trying again. If the same errors occur, could you take a screenshot of the error(s) you are getting from the install to your computer? It may help us try to figure out why you are having such troubles getting iTunes installed.

Once you get iTunes installed, you can run Absinthe. So, here's hoping we can help you get it installed...

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts