What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3 performance

Leo Elfarra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I wonder if there is any steps to increase the performance of my iPad.
Any tips would be appreciated.

Many thanks
Leo

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What problems are you having? The only thing I would suggest to the removal of background apps that might be stealing memory and resources. Most remove themselves from memory automatically when in the background but some fail to clean up after themselves. And some apps can run in the background (music, audiobooks, Navigation), so make sure those get closed down if you plan to run an intensive app in the foreground.

I haven't found any app my iPad 3 can't handle, so I'm interested to know what app you are need more performance on. Finally, there is iPad 4. :)

OP
Leo Elfarra

Leo Elfarra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
What problems are you having? The only thing I would suggest to the removal of background apps that might be stealing memory and resources. Most remove themselves from memory automatically when in the background but some fail to clean up after themselves. And some apps can run in the background (music, audiobooks, Navigation), so make sure those get closed down if you plan to run an intensive app in the foreground.

I haven't found any app my iPad 3 can't handle, so I'm interested to know what app you are need more performance on. Finally, there is iPad 4. :)

Thank you for your reply. There is not any individual app causing problem in my iPad at the moment. I just noticed that my surfing Internet speed is not like how it was. I was wondering if there is any app increases the performance of iPad in general. For example I'm using software is called speed up in my PC. I don't know if I could do the same with the iPad.

Thank you mate

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No, there is nothing like that. Your wifi might need some attention, however. Did you try Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings?

OP
Leo Elfarra

Leo Elfarra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
No, there is nothing like that. Your wifi might need some attention, however. Did you try Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings?

No haven't tried it before. But what is the consequences if I reset all settings?

Thank you

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No haven't tried it before. But what is the consequences if I reset all settings?

Thank you

You don't reset all settings....don't do that!!!! Reset Network Settings...that is down in the second group. At worst, you have to select your network and reenter your passwords.

OP
Leo Elfarra

Leo Elfarra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
You don't reset all settings....don't do that!!!! Reset Network Settings...that is down in the second group. At worst, you have to select your network and reenter your passwords.

Thank you mate I did what you said, but I wonder what will happen if reset all sitting :)) I won't do it just want know

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It'll take your iPad all the way back to "fresh out of the box" settings. Everything on the iPad will be wiped. And, if you don't have a [recent] backup to put back on the iPad - all that you have on the iPad will be gone forever with no recovery. This includes data, game progress, etc.

Marilyn

OP
Leo Elfarra

Leo Elfarra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
It'll take your iPad all the way back to "fresh out of the box" settings. Everything on the iPad will be wiped. And, if you don't have a [recent] backup to put back on the iPad - all that you have on the iPad will be gone forever with no recovery. This includes data, game progress, etc.

Marilyn

Thank you mate

Most reactions

Latest posts