What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3 or MBP?

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My birthday is in 18 days. I need to decide between an iPad 3 when it comes out or a Macbook Pro. I already have an iPad 2. Any advice?

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
Depends on what you want to do with it really. Id wait and see what apple announces at the ipad keynote and make up your mind then.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
MoonlitSonata said:
My birthday is in 18 days. I need to decide between an iPad 3 when it comes out or a Macbook Pro. I already have an iPad 2. Any advice?

MacBook Pro!!! Of course. You already have an iPad.

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 With IOS 5.01 Update From NYC using iPF

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmmm...I have been contemplating throwing my current laptop out the window.... and considering a MBP as well.

Am I reading right that it only has 4gb of storage?

Shanklysbest

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've got an ipad2 and a Toshiba laptop for work, I'd love to ditch a laptop all together but guess this isn't going to happen until apple ditch iTunes in its current format. Question is, why would I need a mbp? What will it do that the iPad can't? I spoke to a guy at apple and he said iMac all the way..........

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
Hmmmm...I have been contemplating throwing my current laptop out the window.... and considering a MBP as well.

Am I reading right that it only has 4gb of storage?

Ram maybe but not storage. I have a 13" MacBook Air which came as standard with 4GB of RAM, 128GB storage and is lower spec compared to the MacBook Pro.

The Archangel

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Shanklysbest said:
I've got an ipad2 and a Toshiba laptop for work, I'd love to ditch a laptop all together but guess this isn't going to happen until apple ditch iTunes in its current format. Question is, why would I need a mbp? What will it do that the iPad can't? I spoke to a guy at apple and he said iMac all the way..........

Well that might need a long answer and I'm short on time but a MacBook Pro has a gazillion times more processing power, will run much more intensive software, true multitasking, it'll even run Windows if you feel that way inclined! In fact it will do practically anything that any other computer will do and it'll do it with ease.

The Archangel

OP
MoonlitSonata

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, I'm going for the MBP. My Windoze machine is failing me in more ways than one. The CD drive just crapped itself.

k7lvo

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If (and it sounds like it will) the new iPad is capable of either AT&T or Verizon (like the iPhone 4s) I'll probably go for it. It would be nice to be able to switch back and forth easily.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
So why the Pro and not the Air, Moon...?

Either one of those just not a second iPad. IMHO...

OP
MoonlitSonata

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
tlbaker said:
Either one of those just not a second iPad. IMHO...

If i went the ipad 3 route, my dad would've gotten the 2. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts