What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3 Not Chargeing From Power Plug

Hayz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went to charge my iPad 3 earlier on this morning, to be greeted with nothing, so I try another wire, nothing, and another one and you get my point. (I then thought to try my iPhone, still nothing, and did with the other wires and nothing), I asked brothers for iPod Touch, so I can check to see if its the charger plugs thats the problem, it works fine, so I know the plug and the wire arent the problem.

So now, I am left without an iPad and an iPhone. Is there a simple fix? do I need to take it to the Apple store to be looked at? should I send it back to where I got it from to be looked at? Can I do the problem at home? could it be dirty connections? or something more sinister?

iPad is under warrenty with some people, cant think of there name, sorry. [iPhone isnt insured (well it is if it gets stolen/damaged), but not under warrenty]
So for all the questions, the iPad 3 is my baby (next to my parrot) lol.

Thanks in advance for your help.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hayz said:
I went to charge my iPad 3 earlier on this morning, to be greeted with nothing, so I try another wire, nothing, and another one and you get my point. (I then thought to try my iPhone, still nothing, and did with the other wires and nothing), I asked brothers for iPod Touch, so I can check to see if its the charger plugs thats the problem, it works fine, so I know the plug and the wire arent the problem.

So now, I am left without an iPad and an iPhone. Is there a simple fix? do I need to take it to the Apple store to be looked at? should I send it back to where I got it from to be looked at? Can I do the problem at home? could it be dirty connections? or something more sinister?

iPad is under warrenty with some people, cant think of there name, sorry. [iPhone isnt insured (well it is if it gets stolen/damaged), but not under warrenty]
So for all the questions, the iPad 3 is my baby (next to my parrot) lol.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Your iPad 3 is still under warranty from Apple. Take it to the nearest Apple store for a Genius appointment. Any warranty from a reseller supplements, not replaces the Apple warranty.

OP
Hayz

Hayz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, it charges when its off.... Thats even really weird. Could it be, cause I am using a 3rd party wire?

OP
Hayz

Hayz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, absolutely, it could be the fault of a non Apple charger not communicating properly.

Thanks, I'm off out tomorrow to get a new power adapter, as if its not that, I'll pay a visit to Apple if possible, I dunno if I can though as I got my iPad from the catalogue.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hayz said:
Thanks, I'm off out tomorrow to get a new power adapter, as if its not that, I'll pay a visit to Apple if possible, I dunno if I can though as I got my iPad from the catalogue.

It does not matter where you bought your iPad, Apple provide the warranty, and is the best place for any issues that may arise.

OP
Hayz

Hayz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just though to let you know, it was the wire that was a problem, 3rd party wires are useless, so need to keep this wire out of the way of parrot or else shell be costing me a lot more then she does. Lol.

Thanks for the help :).

macwintech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do not use third party wire as that will cause short circuit in charging socket on you ipad and iPhone. We have many people coming in for repairs of charging sockets due to use of third party cables. Short Circuit can also damage your board if u r too unlucky.
MacWin Technlogy

Most reactions

Latest posts