What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad 3 jailbreak

Status
Not open for further replies.

tshepom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi there,
i recently bought an ipad3 with ios 5.1.1 and jailbroken. for some reason i did a very stupid thing by updating firmware to ver6. the update was a success and a few days later i connected the ipad to my machine and 10 minutes later it was wiped clean. my question is that if it was jailbroken in ios 5.1.1 would it still be jailbroken or do i have to rejailbreak it again? what are the chances that i can install cydia manually on the ipad3 without a jailbreak?

your assistance is highly appreciated.

regards,

Tshepo

Coroner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi there,
i recently bought an ipad3 with ios 5.1.1 and jailbroken. for some reason i did a very stupid thing by updating firmware to ver6. the update was a success and a few days later i connected the ipad to my machine and 10 minutes later it was wiped clean. my question is that if it was jailbroken in ios 5.1.1 would it still be jailbroken or do i have to rejailbreak it again? what are the chances that i can install cydia manually on the ipad3 without a jailbreak?

regards,

Tshepo

G'day, i'm new to Jailbreaking but have just spent the last 56 hours straight leaning how t JB ios devices.

I'm currently trying to JB a iad 3 64gig 3G+WiFi with ios 6.01 installed. from what I have read if you iPad was Jailbroken on ios 5.1.1 and updated to 6.0.1 then you have t re/jailbreak it. From what I have googled any upgrade or downgrade you need to Jailbreak specifically for that IOS. sorry no auto upgrade, would be nice though as specially if it went both ways.

Sorry to say but you may be in the same boat as me mate, the one with a hole lol, i'm about to post a thread about what I have done to date asking fr help ect. seems lke there isn't much around for specifically the iPad 3 ios 6.0.1 all youtube vids are done on either the iphone or ipod touch nothing with an iPad3 :( and websearch all the iPad3 info on JBing is for IOS 5.1.1 nothing tha hs worked for me regrding IOS 6.0.1. there is some stuff but there trying to sell you an app to JB it but I don't really trust them. At the moment imtrying to downgrade to IOS 5.1.1 from IOS 6.1.1 with no luck thus far.

If you have any luck or want to try and work together on Jailbreaking Ipad3 ios 6.0.1 while we wait for some replies to our threads PM (private message) me. I'm trying to get some help on how to change my name cause my keyboard is being silly, my name is Coroer not cooner lol. keep an eye out for my thread i'm about to post about JB ios 6.0.1 oniPad3

Kind regards

Coroner

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
tshepom said:
hi there,

regards,

Tshepo

Cooner said:
G'day, i'm new to Jailbreaking but have just spent the last 56 hours straight leaning how t JB ios devices.

I'm currently trying to JB a iad 3 64gig 3G+WiFi with ios 6.01 installed. from what I have read if you iPad was Jailbroken on ios 5.1.1 and updated to 6.0.1 then you have t re/jailbreak it. From what I have googled any upgrade or downgrade you need to Jailbreak specifically for that IOS. sorry no auto upgrade, would be nice though as specially if it went both ways.

Sorry to say but you may be in the same boat as me mate, the one with a hole lol, i'm about to post a thread about what I have done to date asking fr help ect. seems lke there isn't much around for specifically the iPad 3 ios 6.0.1 all youtube vids are done on either the iphone or ipod touch nothing with an iPad3 :( and websearch all the iPad3 info on JBing is for IOS 5.1.1 nothing tha hs worked for me regrding IOS 6.0.1. there is some stuff but there trying to sell you an app to JB it but I don't really trust them. At the moment imtrying to downgrade to IOS 5.1.1 from IOS 6.1.1 with no luck thus far.

If you have any luck or want to try and work together on Jailbreaking Ipad3 ios 6.0.1 while we wait for some replies to our threads PM (private message) me. I'm trying to get some help on how to change my name cause my keyboard is being silly, my name is Coroer not cooner lol. keep an eye out for my thread i'm about to post about JB ios 6.0.1 oniPad3

Kind regards

Coroner

Unfortunately for both of you, there is currently no way to jailbreak an iPad 3 on any version of iOS 6. There is also no way to downgrade the iOS to a version that can be jailbroken. You will have to wait for the release of an iOS 6 jailbreak. Subscribe to this thread.http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/89458-official-ios6-jailbreak-status-thread.html
Any news about the release of an iOS 6 jailbreak will be announced in post number 1.

Last edited:
OP
T

tshepom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks Coroner. i have also tried downgrading but unfortunately i didnt save the shsh files needed in order to downgrade my device. but as im trying to work on the device i will also share what i have done thus far.

Leo Elfarra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat guys ; I updated my iPad 3 from Iso 5.5 to 6.0.1 by mistake, and I lost all my lovely apps. I could not downgrade
and really feel frustrated. Please keep me updated with new information about how to jailbreak iPad 3 with Iso 6.0.1.
Many Thanks
Leo

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We have a thread running on the status for a jail break on iOS 6. Please see scifan57's post above for the link to that. It will be updated to reflect any/all news.

With that said, and to prevent duplication, this thread is now closed. Thanks for your understanding.

Marilyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions