What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 3 Jailbreak not working!

Marian21

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone, sooo, i jailbroke my Ipad 3 with absinthe yesterday, i was trying to get some themes but all the themes were for Iphone, did i install the wrong version? I had to restore with Itunes and delete cydia. Help please? Thank you! Also, my husband, jailbroke his Iphone 4 a few months ago but when he installed the new IOS cydia was automatically deleted, he said that his Iphone was slow and acting weird, will my Ipad act like this if i jailbreak it?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, sooo, i jailbroke my Ipad 3 with absinthe yesterday, i was trying to get some themes but all the themes were for Iphone, did i install the wrong version? I had to restore with Itunes and delete cydia. Help please? Thank you! Also, my husband, jailbroke his Iphone 4 a few months ago but when he installed the new IOS cydia was automatically deleted, he said that his Iphone was slow and acting weird, will my Ipad act like this if i jailbreak it?

Unfortunately, the iPad3 is so new that there are very few themes available for it yet. it's a matter of different file names and image sizing - as the iPad3 is retina, there's more work to be done than for an iPad1 or iPad2 (not that there are many themes for those tow iPad generations, either, TBH...). Have a look in the themes section of the Hacking sub-forum to see if any of the ones reviewed strike your fancy. I know there's a few out. The link to the themes section is here: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-themes/

All that to say - no, you did not install the "wrong version" of Cydia. There is only one version and it's for every iDevice. You just have to search for iPad (or iPad3) compatible stuff.

I don't notice any slowness or that my iPad3 is "acting weird" with the jail break. I have jail broken it with the Absinthe 2.0 tool and it's working fine. Of course, I am careful to install only those tweaks that are good to run on an iPad.

Lastly, restoring your iPad will delete Cydia, because you've put the stock firmware back on. So, in case you do with to jail break again, just know that restoring the iPad (or upgrading to a newer iOS version, such as iOS 6) will cause you to lose the jail break and thus access to Cydia.

Hope some of this helps and clarifies.

Marilyn

P.S. And, since you talk about a jail broken iPad, I've taken the liberty of moving your post over to the Hacking section. Thanks for your understanding.

OP
M

Marian21

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you so much for your help Mickey I really appreciate it! I'll just wait for them to release more iPad themes and apps. Have a wonderful night!

Most reactions

Latest posts