What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3 in September?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd be very surprised if another iPad came out before this time next year.

At $500+ consumers will get annoyed if new versions are coming out more than once a year.

I don't really care as the iPad 2 has all I need in an iPad anyway. Don't care much about a higher resolutions screen, 4G (I'm getting wifi only anyway) and the other likely hardware updates in the next version.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's natural for some people to never be happy with what they have NOW. They continually wait for more or for what's next to come. It's really sad, actually...

Sent from my iPad using iPF

It is a shame that the quote doesn't include your signature p.s. iPad is not a table PC ... and nothing more than an enlarged iPOD Touch.

Thank goodness it is not a TablePC ... they are dead... power hungry, never did hold up.

As for an enlarged iPOD touch ... your words that are meaningless in reality. There are millions of satisfied iPAD users who thinking quite differently.
Just making fun, I hope you saw that!:D

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As for an enlarged iPOD touch ... your words that are meaningless in reality. There are millions of satisfied iPAD users who thinking quite differently.

Well it really is just an enlarged iPod touch at heart.

It's just much more useful for many functions as the iPod touch screen is too small to do things like full web browsing or to provide a very good experience reading or watching movies etc.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dmaul1114 said:

It's just much more useful for many functions as the iPod touch screen is too small to do things like full web browsing or to provide a very good experience reading or watching movies etc.

And also considering it is at least 2 times more powerful, and functional. An iPod touch to the absolute max.

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dmaul1114 said:

And also considering it is at least 2 times more powerful, and functional. An iPod touch to the absolute max.

Yep, though most people probably don't use apps that need the extra power anyway since most I know are just surfing the net, doing e-mail, reading e-books/pdfs, playing angry birds, watching streaming video etc.

I'm not knocking the device. It's great for what it is--a multi-media tablet. But all multimedia tablets--be it iPad or the Xoom etc.--are at heart just slightly souped up smartphones with without the phone part and much bigger screens. :D

But that's a good thing for those of us who find smartphones/iPod touches largely useless due to the small screens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts