What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3 in September?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The guy only took a guess at this rumour, no facts to back it up. Lol come on folks, if there was some truth to this, ipad2 wouldnt even sell well cuz people will just wait longer till 3 comes out.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's natural for some people to never be happy with what they have NOW. They continually wait for more or for what's next to come. It's really sad, actually...

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Last edited:

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's natural for some people to never be happy with what they have NOW. They continually wait for more or for what's next to come. It really sad, actually...

That is so true, Ivan. SMH

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Really nice. The FIRST thread in the iPad 2 section is about an iPad 3. LMAO!!!!!!!!!

That is funny as hell. Ipad2 hasnt even dropped yet or no "official" specs on it yet and people jumpin the gun on Ipad3. I wouldnt be surprised if there is talk about ipad4 next week..lol :D

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I guess iPad 2 is coming out tomorrow?

I hope not. They need to release official specs first. So people can research n see if its even worth upgrading current ipads. If people dnt have an ipad already, id wait for ipad2, since release is right around the corner. Apple can never match the initial sales of first generation ipads with this incremental release coming. They are betting on 1st generation owners to upgrade. This isnt like the iphone where everybody shelling out $$$ to have the newest one. Ipad has way longer longevity thn iphone. There are just more uses for it. Plus its too expensive to always upgrade n keep up with the jones. I love to have the newest n latest technology also, but in these times, its not economically smart to do so. This ipad 2 better have some major, not seen b4 features to make me wanna upgrade. Ipad 2 is like the iphone 3gs, only an incremental release. Apple track record shows their pattern. Now ipad 3 will be something to get hyped over. Who knows, apple might change the game up and hit everyone in the head with an ipad 3 release sooner thn the normal cycle shows.
Will u be upgrading to ipad2, sweetpoison? If so, what are your reasons?

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It is a crazy rumour because it goes against the predicted release cycle but what people need to realise if that there is actually no release cycle for the ipad, because it's only been launched, it hasn't had a cycle yet

However,

It would make sense, it would be a good move for apple because it would mean there would be a new iPad for the holidays. I know people didn't buy an iPad for Christmas because they knew a new model would be out in a few months. Apple would see a lot of iPads bought, especially with a new iPad just before christmas.

But the iPad is supposed to be third category of product, why move it with the iPods? Doesn't make sense.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know a lot of people that bought an iPod touch because it was new technology. September makes sense because it allows them to discount the old model to students at the start of school and then have a new model for the holidays. I have timed my laptop/desktop purchases to take advantage of free iPods. My MBP got me a free Touch which went to a friend to give his daughter for her birthday.

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's natural for some people to never be happy with what they have NOW. They continually wait for more or for what's next to come. It's really sad, actually...

True, but then again that is exactly what Apple is counting on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts