What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad 3 icons have shruck and screen is flickering

Status
Not open for further replies.

shelon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
please help.

my ipad icons have shrunck and some iocns like safari and mail are completely missing. i have to search to find them, which made me realise that the keyboad has also shrunk. the screen is also flickering especially when i try to use the contacts icon or the settings icon.

i have tried switching the ipad on and off several time. i have tried to restore from the back up and nothing. i also tried to update and then restore. a messages says that "the ipad could not be restored as the device isnt eligible for the requested build" i not sure what this means.

i live in malawi - africa so have no apple store outlet to contact for help. this is the only forum. im desperate and really worried. your opinions and suggestions would be much appreciated.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried resetting your iPad? Hold the OnOff and Home buttons down at the same time until the screen blacks out and wait for the white Apple logo appear. Then let the buttons go and wait until your wallpaper comes up.

OP
S

shelon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yes i have forcing it to shut down that way several times. nothing happens. And its curretnly on ios 5.1.1 and yes its jailbroken.

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The odds are pretty good that you have a tweak (from Cydia) installed that is incompatible with your iPad or the iOS (or both). Usually, when you get small icons, you have loaded a tweak that is really only for the phone.

If you can remember, may I suggest you go back to Cydia and uninstall the tweak(s) you loaded just before your iPad started acting all weird. If you don't remember - go ahead and list your installed tweaks here; maybe we will be able to ID the 'culprit."

Oh, and I have to ask. Is there any reason why you haven't gone ahead and upgraded to iOS 6.1.2? It's a good-running iOS and is jail breakable. Just wondering...

Marilyn

P.S. And, since you talk about a jail broken iPad, I've taken the liberty of moving your post over to the Hacking section. Thanks for your understanding.

OP
S

shelon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear Marilyn,
first and formost, i would like to thank you for your email. your help is truely appreciated. i am trying to download the software for the iOS 6.1.2 at the moment. having major internet problems, hence the late reply. about the tweaks, i havent installed any, i jailbroke the ipad with the intention of installing whatapp. i failed as

Moderation Notice: This post has been edited by a member of staff in accordance with the Hacking Section Rules. NO DISCUSSION OF PIRACY on iPadForums
i believe is out of commission. this was some four to five weeks ago. i was actually playing solitaire and ended up completely draining the battery, when i recharged the ipad, thats when the flickering, small icons etc occurred. i'll try and update it to the iOS 6.1.2 and see what happens. ill keep you posted. thanks again.

Last edited by a moderator:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, you have chosen to try and install a tool the only purpose of which is to steal apps that you should normally pay for. That is strictly against our rules, and we neither support or condone piracy here.

/CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts