What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3 - Hype for the Gullable

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
S

Shortcircuit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If this Ipad does not have the upgrades you are looking for then don't fall into the hype and purchase a new ipad. This is my first ipad because I wanted to wait a year or two to see what evolved with the product and now the screen, the retinal display, voice dictation and thrill of ipad ownership made me purchase it. You as a consumer have to see the value the new ipad would have to you. The email you received went to millions of people. I got those emails both for the original Ipad and Ipad2 but I couldn't justify the purchase. Now I have and am waiting on my new ipad to be delivered to my door. Each individual consumer is unique - what you might think is important might not be to another.

Again thanks and let me say I am happy with the iPad2 for the purpose I use and if I thought I was going to get great new benefits then it would be purchased

kevroc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well have received an email from Apple telling me all about the new toy. Taking the email as the selling points for iPad3 I ask myself.

1 HD display - ideal if you want to view pics but otherwise ????
2 Fast WiFi connection - Well I thought that depended on the ISP and the new iPad3 will not speed that up
3 5 Meg camera - If you are into taking pics but otherwise ??????

All this hype is just to increase sales for Apple by creating a questionable must have item.

Can somebody give me a reasoned justiification for changing from iPad2 to iPad3

Unfortunately your limited "sight" prevents you from seeing the benefit.

Is the HD Display all about pictures? You say so, but for me it about everything other than pictures.

Fast Wifi Connection. Seriously, LTE is much faster than 3G, it may be area dependent for sure, but no doubt it's faster. But they do offer a Non LTE model for those that don't have the ISP support or need. Either way, your second item is not a valid point.

5 meg camera. I agree, maybe good for some but not others...

OP
S

Shortcircuit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unfortunately your limited "sight" prevents you from seeing the benefit.

Is the HD Display all about pictures? You say so, but for me it about everything other than pictures.

Fast Wifi Connection. Seriously, LTE is much faster than 3G, it may be area dependent for sure, but no doubt it's faster. But they do offer a Non LTE model for those that don't have the ISP support or need. Either way, your second item is not a valid point.

5 meg camera. I agree, maybe good for some but not others...

No need for the "limited"sight"" as that is just being rude.

As far as HD my eyesight can read everthing at the moment whether I would gain I will visit a store to compare

My WiFi is only as fast as my ISP can provide which out in the sticks bumbles along, Unfortunately I do not no what LTE is.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Well have received an email from Apple telling me all about the new toy. Taking the email as the selling points for iPad3 I ask myself.

1 HD display - ideal if you want to view pics but otherwise ????
2 Fast WiFi connection - Well I thought that depended on the ISP and the new iPad3 will not speed that up
3 5 Meg camera - If you are into taking pics but otherwise ??????

All this hype is just to increase sales for Apple by creating a questionable must have item.

Can somebody give me a reasoned justiification for changing from iPad2 to iPad3

The new iPad is not a REQUIRED update.
Apple makes improvements once a year, it is up to you to decide if you want to upgrade.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
The new features of the iPad may not be enough for you to update to the new iPad, Thats fine.

I had the first iPad and the new iPad will be well worth upgrading to for me.

it seems to me like you are not happy about the new version and wanted something more.
to continue with your way of looking at the new features:
A Tablet? ideal if you want to use your fingers but otherwise ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions