What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 3 HDMI tv mirroring

adamf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I wonder if anyone can help? I bought the official hdmi digital av adapter for my ipad 3 to connect it to my hdtv. Everything was going great and it was mirroring to my tv. Then I upgraded to io6 it totally stopped working. This was 2 or 3 months ago and I'm still trying to fix it.

Does anyone know the issue or how to help?

Thanks,
Adam

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
adamf said:
Hey guys,

I wonder if anyone can help? I bought the official hdmi digital av adapter for my ipad 3 to connect it to my hdtv. Everything was going great and it was mirroring to my tv. Then I upgraded to io6 it totally stopped working. This was 2 or 3 months ago and I'm still trying to fix it.

Does anyone know the issue or how to help?

Thanks,
Adam

What have you tried so far Adam, so that we don't suggest things which you have already tried.

OP
A

adamf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Roy Rob said:
What have you tried so far Adam, so that we don't suggest things which you have already tried.

I have reset the ipad to default settings as suggested by a guy in the apple store. I also played with my tv settings to see if there was something wrong there but to no avail. That's about it, any ideas?

Thanks,
Adam

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
adamf said:
I have reset the ipad to default settings as suggested by a guy in the apple store. I also played with my tv settings to see if there was something wrong there but to no avail. That's about it, any ideas?

Thanks,
Adam

Have you ever done a reset? The Home and Power buttons pressed at the same time until the Apple logo appears? Are you certain that that TV input source is set correctly? Forgive me for asking the obvious, but sometimes it's worth it. OMG I sound like a Bell Canada Live Chat Rep selecting suggestions from digital cue cards. I am going to assume that the device you are using is this one.......

image-1467759467.jpg

I use the same cable attachment and found that a brand of HDMI cable did not work. Are you using the same cable that worked before?

Let us know if any of this helps, I am sure there will be others here that can join in with suggestions. ;)

Steve d

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same issue, was working fine. Updated to os6, not working now.

Seems to be an os issue.

I've requested a callback from the help desk so I'll keep you posted

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I called online support and the guy said to unplug your router for five minutes so it will reset to the IOS update. I don't have that problem yet and haven't tried it but I think it is worth a try!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Steve d

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Right. Phoned them.

I tried it with a different iPad and an iPhone, hdmi cable and tv. It didn't work.

Called them back and they sent out another adapter which works.

All in all, short of them coming round my house, couldn't have done more.

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Are you saying you like the support people? I sure do, and was amazed that a lot of them are volunteers!! Did you have to buy a new adaptor? If so, where & if not - did Apple send you one for free? Thanks, Squib.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts