iPad 3 From iPad 1

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by davesnicksdad, Mar 18, 2012.

1. davesnicksdad

davesnicksdad iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am a long-time Apple product user, including Mac, iPhone and iPad. I've just gotten the new iPad to replace my first generation iPad (I did not get the iPad 2). It's generally terrific and I can appreciate the processor enhancement and 4G and i can see the screen resolution enhancement easily. I do have one question, however. My original iPad had a switch on the side that would allow me to lock the screen in either a horizontal or vertical position. Is there a way to do it on the third generation iPad?
  2. MrLuke

MrLuke iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0
    That switch still exists, you just probably have it on the wrong setting. Chances are it currently switches your iPad to mute when you flick it, you can change it to lock screen rotation by going into settings > general > and scrolling down to the bit you can see I the screen shot I've taken.
    You can also lock the rotation by bringing up the multitasking bar (double tap the home button, or drag upwards with 4 fingers), swap to the right and there will be the lock screen button in the bottom left corner.
    If you change the physical toggle switch on the side to screen lock rotation the one in the multitasking bar will change to a mute toggle.
    Hope I've been of service :).

Sent via iPF from my iPad2 iOS 5.1.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1