What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 3 cookie manager

alzomb001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, can anyone tell me if a cookie manager exists for the iPad.?

I usually clear all my history and cookies each time I've accessed the web but would like to keep some of them for sites I use regularly .

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know an app which does this but If you do clear after every time you are on the net you can just clear History and then go to Settings - Safari - Advanced - Website Data and you will see an Edit Tab top right which lets you delete the sites (Cookies) you want.

See if this does what you would like....

OP
A

alzomb001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, thanks for the quick reply. I've zoomed around the net a bit to get a few cookies added but when I look in advanced and web site data it's empty. I have safari set to just add cookies from sites I visit.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
zombiex1 said:
Hi, thanks for the quick reply. I've zoomed around the net a bit to get a few cookies added but when I look in advanced and web site data it's empty. I have safari set to just add cookies from sites I visit.

That's unusual, I've just done the same thing and the sites are now saved in Website Data, I also have my cookies set the same. Would you happen to have Private Browsing set to On?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
zombiex1 said:
Yes... Does this make a difference then?

Yes it does, you won't have cookies if Private Browsing is activated.

If you want to save some cookies leave this off and do it how I described above.....I think you may have to go to Safari and Bookmarks - History and clear your history here also if you want to wipe where you've been on the net.

OP
A

alzomb001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leelai said:
Yes it does, you won't have cookies if Private Browsing is activated.

If you want to save some cookies leave this off and do it how I described above.....I think you may have to go to Safari and Bookmarks - History and clear your history here also if you want to wipe where you've been on the net.

Ok will give it a try... Thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts