What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 3 comes up as a camera when connected to PC

olabisayo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a problem trying to sync my iPad with iTunes on my PC. I have tried it severally but it won't just work. I would have expected that when I connect the I
Pad to the PC it would show as a device on the left hand side of the iTunes just my iPod and iPhone do when they are connected to the PC but it doesn't.

I need to sync the iTunes to the iPad also so I can move my media files to the IPad.

Could the fact that the iPad comes up as a camera when it is connected be the problem? What can I do to get the result I want?

Thank you.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
olabisayo said:
I have a problem trying to sync my iPad with iTunes on my PC. I have tried it severally but it won't just work. I would have expected that when I connect the I
Pad to the PC it would show as a device on the left hand side of the iTunes just my iPod and iPhone do when they are connected to the PC but it doesn't.

I need to sync the iTunes to the iPad also so I can move my media files to the IPad.

Could the fact that the iPad comes up as a camera when it is connected be the problem? What can I do to get the result I want?

Thank you.

You are right in your expectations. It should show up in iTunes like the other two devices.

All iDevices show up as cameras in Windows Explorer, so that's not it.

For now, all I can suggest is make sure you are plugging in to USB2.0, rather than USB1.1. The faster port might make a difference. Also do not go through a USB hub. Plug directly into the computer.

OP
olabisayo

olabisayo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for your suggestion but I still can't get it done through that method as it doesn't work. I have had to delete the the iTune on PC and downloaded another one but still couldn't achieve the result I wanted.

Any other means of doing this?

Thanks.

thedroid13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the application "i-funbox" on my pc to do things like that. Not sure if it's what you're looking for but it's worth a shot!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If I may check - do you have the most current version of iTunes installed? The iPad needs that to even be recognized. Or, try a different cable? Has the iPad ever connected to iTunes?

Oh, and iFunbox only works [well] on jail broken iPads. Just so's you know...

Marilyn

Most reactions