What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 3 charger gets overheated & burnt

nagarajnayak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anybody experiencing this please? I went to buy a new adapter. It's out of stock. Went to the service centre, and no clue when I will get replacement.
Any idea, if I can an adapter of some other brand that can help me charge my new ipad3. Please help.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Anybody experiencing this please? I went to buy a new adapter. It's out of stock. Went to the service centre, and no clue when I will get replacement.
Any idea, if I can an adapter of some other brand that can help me charge my new ipad3. Please help.

I have two or three different chargers that work just fine with my 3nd gen iPad. Just make sure it supplies 5V and 2.1A on the output side. Not sure what to suggest to you since I have no idea where in the world you are.

OP
N

nagarajnayak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bangalore, India. I had used the Apple make meant for IPad 3. I am also surprised that two units - one after the other have failed.

Nikhil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bangalore, India. I had used the Apple make meant for IPad 3. I am also surprised that two units - one after the other have failed.

Hey it's not a big issue I have experienced this problem several times

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Well, I don't know if this is of any help to you, but i have two of these and they work fine for my Apple & Android devices:

Amazon.com: GMYLE (TM) 10W / 5W Dual USB Wall AC Power Adapter Charger for iPhone 4 4S/iPad 2 & New iPad 3/iPod Touch/Android Smartphone/Samsung Galaxy SII Note/HTC/Kindle Fire/Nook Tablet (Black): Kindle Store

OP
N

nagarajnayak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks every one. Service centre has replaced one of the adapters today. Nikhil, do you suggest me taking any precaution as power fluctuation is very high in India.

mrcupu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you can buy good electronics stabilizer and power surge protection for individual or several electronic device its not that expensive but sometimes it help to protect your electrical currents to your devices :ipad-keyboard:

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks every one. Service centre has replaced one of the adapters today. Nikhil, do you suggest me taking any precaution as power fluctuation is very high in India.

Perhaps a current regulator placed between your tablet and the power source may be a better protection

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nikhil

iPF Noob
Reaction score

No,Nothing .But how many volts adapter are you using?

OP
N

nagarajnayak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you can buy good electronics stabilizer and power surge protection for individual or several electronic device its not that expensive but sometimes it help to protect your electrical currents to your devices :ipad-keyboard:

I would agree. Thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts