What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad 3 Cellular Data Connection issues on Rogers/Applecare Replacement question

ChrisP

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Ipad on Rogers Wireless in Southern Ontario, Canada seems to be able to connect to cellular data without issue while in a major city, however, in outlying areas it will not connect to the data network.

Applecare is offering to send me a replacement unit....however they have indicated that the replacement is manufactured of a mix of new and refurb components (fully warrantied)...

I should state that I have no dead pixels, light bleed, WiFi connectivity issues, and up until 1.5 weeks ago good Cellular data with my IPad...

Should I accept the replacement unit or ditch my data provider and try another first (not keen on eating the SIM card + activation fees of new provider)?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Frankly, if it works well at one location it is hard to claim the unit it faulty. I think getting another one hoping that it solves this problem is a bit risky because you now expose yourself to a fresh set of issues. The devil you know is better than the ones you don't. Outlying areas are not that great for having good cellular service. Just something to consider. More testing would be wise, IMO.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Cell towers are spaced further apart in outlying and rural areas than in major centers.You may just be too far from the nearest cell tower for good reception.

OP
C

ChrisP

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All of southern Ontario is a high population area...and the hwy-401 corridor is a focal area for cellular service in Canada

I am worried about the risk tied to a new unit...however my continued testing is showing continued intermittent service, even when showing a strong signal....

Most reactions