What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 3 Camera Issues

deadstick2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I don't post on here very often although I do visit regularly to keep up to date with whats going down.

Anyways, I have a very weird problem with the whole camera aspect of my iPad.

When I take a picture the shutter snaps and the image drops down to the little preview thumbnail on the bottom left hand side of the screen and then it just dissapears. I go into the photo app and there is nothing there. When I try to record video it just simply won't let me. I press the record button and it just blips and doesn't do anything else.

When using something like photobooth it just crashes back to the home screen as soon as I press the shutter button.

So, I tried a few things. Firstly I did a restart which didn't help. Then I did a complete whipe and restore and still has the same issue. Thinking that I had a currupt back up I also did a whipe and set it up as a new iPad without restoringanything whatsoever...and its still not working. So essentially regardless of what I have done nothing seems to be fixing it.

Could this be a hardwear issue, has anyone had anything like this before? I did a search but had no luck.
I'm guessing it's one for the Genious Bar guys but figured I'd ask here before hand.

Cheers,

Dan

OP
deadstick2011

deadstick2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had a feeling it might be :( Its very odd...its amost as if the camera can no longer write to memory which makes me think it's a
hardware thing. Frustrating as this one is only 5 days old (second replacement due to faulty 3G on the previous one).

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Take it back,you paid a lot of money for your iPad and deserve to have one that functions properly.

LeonKaiser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Time to use your warranty, I guess. That's a weird problem. Have it exchanged.

OP
deadstick2011

deadstick2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I went down to the Apple Store today and explained the situation. They were very puzzled and said they had never come across
anything like it before! Anyways, they changed it straight away for me so all is good.

Cheers,

Dan

OP
deadstick2011

deadstick2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I sure did...its working fine now. All restored and everything is running spot on!

Most reactions