What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad 3 automatically reboot while watching music video

BlackOropher26

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So I was watching videos on YouTube last night..but everything seems to be fine for me.I can play all the videos in just fine.
But when I played a certain video,means only one video does it,it actually reboots my iPad.On it's middle or 1/4part,it turns like this..

image-2357886361.jpg

After that,it reboots my ipad.What should i do to prevent this?
Is this my ipad problem or is it my connection problem?
Or is it the video itself?

MODERATOR'S NOTE:
You followed up this post less than 24 hours later with a "Please help" post.
Earlier on January 2, 2013 you posted "Twitter keeps signing me in on my iPad". And within less than 12 hours of that you made 2 more posts under the same title.
Before that, on December 28,2012 you posted "Can't log on twitter even though deleted". Then on December 30 you made 3 more posts under that title all within 30 minutes of each other.
And before that on December 27, 2012, you posted "Another question for iPad" and an hour later followed that up with the same title.

It is suggested to you that patience on your part would be most welcome. I am sure you realise that in our large international community there can be considerable time differences and while you are posting other members may be sleeping. And some posts may take careful consideration before an answer.
In particular, your attention is drawn to the rules of this forum, which you agreed to follow when registering. The following rule about "bumping posts" applies to your posts here:

RULE 4.3 Do not "bump" a post to attract attention to it. If, after 48 hours, you have not received a response on a question you may bump your post one (1) time. If you still do not receive a response send a private message (PM) to a moderator and ask for assistance. Bumping posts may subject the post to deletion.
Regards, Andrew.
IPad Forum Staff

Last edited by a moderator:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Given that it is only this video that doesn't work properly, I am going to go with - it's not you, it's the video. There must be something in the coding that "doesn't agree with the iPad."

It sounds like a strange quirk that's very specific (I've nver experienced this or heard about it). My recommendation is to not try to view that video.

Marilyn

mrcupu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
as you can see it looks like bad source from the youtube uploader because that picture looks like theres some distortions in the movie so just try to search that music video from other people :ipad-movie:

OP
B

BlackOropher26

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Given that it is only this video that doesn't work properly, I am going to go with - it's not you, it's the video. There must be something in the coding that "doesn't agree with the iPad."

It sounds like a strange quirk that's very specific (I've nver experienced this or heard about it). My recommendation is to not try to view that video.

Marilyn

How come my friend can view it without any interruption?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
BlackOropher26 said:
How come my friend can view it without any interruption?

Have you tried using a different app to view the video? One of the best is YouPlayer, available in the AppStore.

OP
B

BlackOropher26

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have you tried using a different app to view the video? One of the best is YouPlayer, available in the AppStore.

I tried the iPad built in youtube app and the actual Youtube site via Safari.But both of them ends on the same thing..the reboot.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
BlackOropher26 said:
I tried the iPad built in youtube app and the actual Youtube site via Safari.But both of them ends on the same thing..the reboot.

Hello BlackOropher26, when you say reboot, do you mean that the video kicks you out and you end up back on your home screen? Folks around here define reboot to mean your iPad completely shuts down, you get a black screen and you have to press home button until the white Apple logo appears, and you have to sign on.

I went to Safari, YouTube found the video and played it all the way thru with no problem. I did this on the original iPad, and on the third gen iPad and just for kicks, on a Kindle Fire HD tablet. There is nothing wrong with the video from my testing. So look around your location. You stated your friend accesses the video no problem. So what is the difference between either iPad? Perhaps your friend's iPad is on a newer iOS? My iPad is on ios5.1.1 and my iPd 3rd gen is on 6.0.1. The Kindle is on Android, whatever version.

By the way, your picture shows a pixelation of the image, that usually means, the video is buffering--that is indicative of a slow data transfer. Could be your router is exceeding its capacity.

After seeing and hearing this video three times, it kinda grows on you!

Attachments

• image-3263361903.jpg
    image-3263361903.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 284
Last edited:
OP
B

BlackOropher26

iPF Novice
Reaction score
MattIM said:
Hello BlackOropher26, when you say reboot, do you mean that the video kicks you out and you end up back on your home screen? Folks around here define reboot to mean your iPad completely shuts down, you get a black screen and you have to press home button until the white Apple logo appears, and you have to sign on.

I went to Safari, YouTube found the video and played it all the way thru with no problem. I did this on the original iPad, and on the third gen iPad and just for kicks, on a Kindle Fire HD tablet. There is nothing wrong with the video from my testing. So look around your location. You stated your friend accesses the video no problem. So what is the difference between either iPad? Perhaps your friend's iPad is on a newer iOS? My iPad is on ios5.1.1 and my iPd 3rd gen is on 6.0.1. The Kindle is on Android, whatever version.

By the way, your picture shows a pixelation of the image, that usually means, the video is buffering--that is indicative of a slow data transfer. Could be your router is exceeding its capacity.

After seeing and hearing this video three times, it kinda grows on you!

No,i meanit actually restarts my ipad.
Btw,i'm using ipad 3rd gen,on 5.1.1 iOs.
Now i wonder what's wrong.I tried to go to a different place and connect to a wifi,but everything turns out on the samething.I played the video,it plays untill it reaches the 1/4 dead end,then my ipad will restart itself.What could be the problem here?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No,i meanit actually restarts my ipad.
Btw,i'm using ipad 3rd gen,on 5.1.1 iOs.
Now i wonder what's wrong.I tried to go to a different place and connect to a wifi,but everything turns out on the samething.I played the video,it plays untill it reaches the 1/4 dead end,then my ipad will restart itself.What could be the problem here?

I just tried watching this video on an iPad 2 on iOS 5.1.1, and the whole thing played fine.

OP
B

BlackOropher26

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
I just tried watching this video on an iPad 2 on iOS 5.1.1, and the whole thing played fine.

Heres another one..
I tried to watch the same video to my cousin's ipad 1,although in his,it doesn't restart his ipad..it just lags.
We tried this on my place.

Most reactions