What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad (3) and Android Colornote

darkangelwitch

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have given hubby my iPad 3 but have a little problem.

He has an android phone with the Colornote app which backs up to his gmail account. Unfortunately it does not appear we can pick up the notes on the iPad - any ideas?

His contacts download from gmail to the iPad no problem but I think Colornote backs up to a file in gmail that iPad can't read.

He is can be a technophobe and if thing don't work the way he thinks they should gets frustrated and he hates changing apps

Any suggestions would be very welcome.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It looks like ColorNote only supports Android devices at this time. They do say they've got plans for an iOS app and a web interface, but I didn't see a timeline.

That being the case, there is probably no way to get at the ColorNote files on iOS. They also appear to be password protected (and probably encrypted) which means you couldn't do much with them even if you can find the file. It will need the app and your password to open.

Hold in mind that unlike his Google contacts ColorNote is not a Google service. It is a third party app. Even though it can use Google's authentication service (Google user name and password) to sign it, the notes are 'not' stored in Google email or Google Drive space. They are on ColorNote's servers.

If you're husband wants a cross platform note taking app he's going to have to choose a new service/app combination. At least until ColorNote comes out with their promised iOS and website applications.

OP
darkangelwitch

darkangelwitch

iPF Novice
Reaction score
OK thank you twerppoet - I will have a search of the app store and google store and see if I can find him something similar

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Evernote is the premier cross platform note taking app. Available on pretty much every device, and the web when you don't have your own device handy. Starts simple, gets as powerful as you want.

Here's a thread that goes over some of it's more powerful features: Evernote : How do you use it? : Tips and Tricks

Yes, I'm very pro-Evernote, so take that into consideration.

I have little or no experience with the following, but they are options.

Microsoft's OneNote is simpler, though I'm not certain it's available on Android, but it probably is.

He likes Google? Google Keep might be enough. While Google doesn't make an app for Google Keep, there are some third party apps that support it.

plantmad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@twerppoet can I jump in with a question? I've Colornote on my android phone, Sticky Notes on my desktop and now have Evernote on my ipad (empty I might add as only set up having read this thread)

Want to sync all to Evernote and just use Evernote Any easy tips and tricks to get all to Evernote easily?

plantmad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
oops omitted to ask @twerppoet yet another question

Can I edit my Evernote username and email? If so how?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
oops omitted to ask @twerppoet yet another question

Can I edit my Evernote username and email? If so how?

Whatever you can do you would need to do on the Evernote website. Some things may require a Pro account, like changing the email address you can use to send notes to Evernote.

Visit Evernote in a web browser, then click on the account link at the bottom of the left column. Any settings you can change will be there.

Once you've changed things it may be necessary to log out of Evernote on your iPad and log back in with your new information and/or password.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
@twerppoet can I jump in with a question? I've Colornote on my android phone, Sticky Notes on my desktop and now have Evernote on my ipad (empty I might add as only set up having read this thread)

Want to sync all to Evernote and just use Evernote Any easy tips and tricks to get all to Evernote easily?

It never occurred to me to wonder before, but a quick search shows that Evernote does have some import options. Maybe this will be of use to you: https://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#/article/25071271

Worst case you could email the notes one by one using the email address Evernote supplies.

Most reactions

Latest posts