What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3 5.1 9B176 jailbreak

Status
Not open for further replies.

gobluezack

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Alright, long story short. Lost ipad that was jailbroken, unfortunately it's password locked and only wifi so the find my ipad app is useless.

Finally broke down and got a new one, specifically asked that it be one without ios6 from store, found one that had 5.1 on it.

From what I gather there is no jailbreak out for that yet right? You have to upgrade to 5.1.1, however to do that you need blobs saved and since Apple is not signing 5.1.1 anymore and you can't access any saved blobs I get all sorts of errors in itunes usually 3194 and have tried all the fixes from host file, etc. Hoping someone can clarify that there's indeed no way I can jailbreak so I'll quit wasting time and just patiently wait until one comes out.

Thanks

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
gobluezack said:
Alright, long story short. Lost ipad that was jailbroken, unfortunately it's password locked and only wifi so the find my ipad app is useless.

Finally broke down and got a new one, specifically asked that it be one without ios6 from store, found one that had 5.1 on it.

From what I gather there is no jailbreak out for that yet right? You have to upgrade to 5.1.1, however to do that you need blobs saved and since Apple is not signing 5.1.1 anymore and you can't access any saved blobs I get all sorts of errors in itunes usually 3194 and have tried all the fixes from host file, etc. Hoping someone can clarify that there's indeed no way I can jailbreak so I'll quit wasting time and just patiently wait until one comes out.

Thanks

I'm afraid that in your case there is no way for you to go to iOS 5.1.1. You will have to wait for an iOS 6 jailbreak if you want to jailbreak your iPad.
Here is the iOS 6 jailbreak status thread. Announcement of an iOS 6 jailbreak will be made here.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/89458-official-ios6-jailbreak-status-thread.html

OP
G

gobluezack

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for clarifying. Afraid that was indeed the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts