What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad 3 16gb worth buying?

axis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jac spmo said:
Is it worth it? Or do i go for the iPad 2

Depends what you expect / want to do with your iPad, only you can make the decision really.
Obviously more memory is always the biggest draw but the 3 is a super piece of kit with (amongst other things) twice as much RAM and the retina display.
It also looks likely the 3 will get Siri with the next iOS release.

Last edited:

courthousedeb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree with Axis. It's a matter of what you want. I just bought the new iPad 3 16GB. Figured for only a $100 difference, the extras were worth it.

Bennettb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've had both the two and the three. For me the retina screen and the improved camera in the new iPad make a big difference.

Bobbi

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had the 1, 2, and now the New iPad. The faster processor, additional memory, better rear camera, and fantastic Retina screen make it well worth the choice. Just ordered my wife one exactly as mine: 64 gig, wifi/4G

game4life

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went from a Gen 1 to a 3 so it was definitely worth it. And at this point in time, in the US at least, most places only offer the iPad 2 16Gb now so that would be your size choice but for iPad 3 you can get 16/32/64GB if memory size is important for you. For me personally, I have a lot of music and videos so 16GB gets eaten up fast so I decided to dish it out and get the 32GB.

kippyw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
From the prospective of a first time iPad owner, and also first time IOS user, seems like a 16G would be sufficient. I just checked, and on my 32G iPad 3 I have 27.5 gigs available (and I have about 40 apps). I don't see any point in storing my music on this large device when it is already on multiple iPods around the home. Plus, with Pandora, Spotify and other streaming music available... why bother? Come to think of it, why not just place all your music on the free iCloud and stick with the 16G?

greasemuntney

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went from the 1st gen to the 3rd and can say WOW! I am very pleased with the new iPad. If you can just bite the bullet and get the new iPad you will be very pleased and glad you did. I am anyway.

Most reactions

Latest posts