What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 wont turn on

maccagrfc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello

Yesterday I installed the new update for the iPad 2. When it finished it turned off the device and told me to connect to iTunes. I have tried this numerous times and it keeps saying my device is not recognised and will not come back on. What can I do to get my iPad working again?

Cheers

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try resetting it first. Maybe this will help: press and hold Home and Power button until the Apple logo is visible. Let go of both. It should power up on it's own. If it doesn't, the next thing to try is to use recovery mode to restore it:
http://support.apple.com/en-is/HT201263

OP
M

maccagrfc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for taking the time to reply

I have tried resetting it but everytime I do it always puts me into recovery mode and all I get is the iTunes blackout screen. When I connect to iTunes and extract the software it says my device is not recognised and does not restore it

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you follow the instructions in my link?

When it shows it's in recovery mode, turn it off if possible. Then insert the cable into the computer, but not the iPad. Hold the Home button, then connect the iPad with the cable. When you see the "Connect to iTunes" screen on your iPad, let go of the Home button. If you don't see it, try a second or third time. iTunes should start on it's own, which will give you the option to restore it.

If this doesn't work, try DFU mode. Here's the link to a thread in iPF:
http://www.ipadforums.net/threads/dfu-mode-for-dummies.27489/

Hope that helps.

OP
M

maccagrfc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah followed the instructions, still wouldn't work and even the apple tech guys couldn't do it that way, there was a fault on my windows log in so I made a new account and used them instructions on that and it worked! Cheers for the support mate

Most reactions

Latest posts