What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 wont keep time ??

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's not 3G yes I can set it myself but its not really the point it should keep time after I set it i would like to use the alarm but it's not reliable

Agreed that it should work. If I were you and had tried all these things, I'd use AppleCare if you still have free coverage. If not, take it to an Apple store. On a user forum, there's a limit to the help we can offer.

OP
D

dyte

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just transferred a film from the pc and guess what the time skipped forward must be to do with the fact the pc thinks it's in the uk and when it's not and tells the iPad to jump forward as French time is one hour ahead maybe I should just set the time on the pc 1 hour behind

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HI all my iPad does not keep time the hour is alway off even after i correct it 1hour later it's off again just the hours not the mins
Any ideas
Dave
The WiFi iPad 's "time drift" is a known problem. I've experienced it myself. There is a free app that will help address the issue (it's working for me):

Emerald Time for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store (Be sure to download the iPad version.)

Note that Emerald Time will only show you how far off the iPad clock is and can't make the adjustment itself, you will have to do that in the iPad’s Settings > General > Date & Time > Set Date & Time. That said, ever since I installed the app my iPad's time has been perfect.

Here's the best article I've seen on the subject:

What Time is it? Your iPad May Not be Sure | How-To | The Mac Observer

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
OP
D

dyte

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not really this talks about drifting mine goes 1 hour or two hours ahead mins are the same will try setting to computer to French settings and see

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not really this talks about drifting mine goes 1 hour or two hours ahead mins are the same will try setting to computer to French settings and see
Ah, got it. Mine would just get more and more off...20 or 30 minutes or more sometimes (iMac that it sync'd to time was fine, etc.). I've no idea why installing that app made any difference, but it's been behaving itself ever since.

Hope you get it figured out!

OP
D

dyte

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok I have sorted this problem the pc I sync with had the timezone set to gmt and the clock was set one hour fast too match French time and the iPad time zone was set to gmt+1 so when it synced the iPad thought the computer had the correct time and set the iPad 1 hour fast to compensate for the iPad being set to gmt +1 it no longer jumps forward with the pc set to gmt+1 thanks for all the suggestions
Dave

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok I have sorted this problem the pc I sync with had the timezone set to gmt and the clock was set one hour fast too match French time and the iPad time zone was set to gmt+1 so when it synced the iPad thought the computer had the correct time and set the iPad 1 hour fast to compensate for the iPad being set to gmt +1 it no longer jumps forward with the pc set to gmt+1 thanks for all the suggestions
Dave

Glad you fixed it. It sounded like an operator error, because it seemed unlikely that it would be off by an hour otherwise.

Separately, some iDevices do have time slippages, but they're more random. The four iDevices I use regularly (three 3G and one wi-fi touch) are all synched to the same computer and iTunes account, but they're generally a minute or two apart, for instance. Goofy.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The WiFi iPad 's "time drift" is a known problem. I've experienced it myself. There is a free app that will help address the issue (it's working for me):

Emerald Time for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store (Be sure to download the iPad version.)

Note that Emerald Time will only show you how far off the iPad clock is and can't make the adjustment itself, you will have to do that in the iPad’s Settings > General > Date & Time > Set Date & Time. That said, ever since I installed the app my iPad's time has been perfect.

Interesting app. Thanks. Feeds my OCD in regard to knowing EXACTLY what time it is. :D Unfortunately, I find my iPad is just about 30 seconds off. And since the granularity of the time adjustment is to the minute I have a choice of being 30 seconds ahead or behind the "real" time. This will prey on my mind.

Most reactions

Latest posts