What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 wont keep time ??

dyte

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HI all my iPad does not keep time the hour is alway off even after i correct it 1hour later it's off again just the hours not the mins
Any ideas
Dave

Bingoldsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dave,
Check your date and time settings - Settings<>General<>Date & Time... then make sure your time zone is set to your actual location and time zone. Tell us what you find after checking this stuff out.

Brian - Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
D

dyte

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Time zone is correct yeh still the same

OP
D

dyte

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Everything is set to Paris in mail contacts ect ect time seems normal now I'll give it a while see if it goes funny again thanks for your imput

OP
D

dyte

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Arhh times off again could be some thing to do with a app I have a lot of uk based stuff for tv and the like

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's a puzzle, because apps arn't allowed to change the time and date on the iPad, as far as I'm aware.

Tim

OP
D

dyte

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does the time sync via the Internet

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No - the iPad doesn't use NTP servers. I'm not sure why. Download the free app, 'Time', and you'll see what the NTP servers are saying. There's also a very informative Information page in that app which describes how the iPad receives time updates (via 3G) but not via WiFi.

Tim

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is the time correct on the computer that you synch your iPad on?

OP
D

dyte

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay
You made me think then lol but the time on the pc is correct but all my location stuff is set for uk on the pc maybe the iPad thinks the pc is in the uk and because the iPad is set to Paris the sync adds a hour

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it a 3G iPad. 3G iPads get their time from the cellular basestation.....well, just a random thought...:(

Tim

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If all else fails, can you set time manually? That's an option on my iPads (both 3G). I don't know whether the wi-fi model offers that, too.

OP
D

dyte

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's not 3G yes I can set it myself but its not really the point it should keep time after I set it i would like to use the alarm but it's not reliable

Most reactions

Latest posts