What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad 2 will not update

michelleleayates

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad 2 will not update to the new 5.1.1, it send me an error in updating message after it verifies it. What's up?

valinrace

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having the same problem with my Ipad, I cannot seem to update it. What do you think is the problem?

music2mee707

iPF Noob
Reaction score
valinrace said:
I am having the same problem with my Ipad, I cannot seem to update it. What do you think is the problem?

When attempting to upgrade my iPad my pc had problems with the download it went to the local Apple store and they did it in less than 5 mins. Problem solved.

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You really need to help us to help you by giving us more details guys! Just saying you got an error doesn't cut it. iTunes gives many hundreds of different errors, all with codes. Tell us specifically which error code you get, e.g. 1394, and what the message says!

If you are stuck, we have a failsafe restore method which gets round most of the common problems. Make sure you follow all the steps - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...lsafe-method-restore-current-version-ios.html

Sonia ferdous

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just connect your iPad to your PC and try using iTunes to update to 5.1.1. And charge, update apps and reboot your iPad before proceeding. This will ensure that your apps are all up to date and that your iPad has a full charge and free memory for the process. I hope then it will work.

idave23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And disabling virus protection during the upgrade has worked for some as well.

OP
M

michelleleayates

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All it says is an error occurred while installing o's 5.1.1 no error number given.

OP
M

michelleleayates

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well that is the truth, I know what I am looking at, I haven't gone through my pc yet, I haven't had time, if the problem continues after that I will let ya know. By the way, I hesitate to say it is an iTunes issue, my apps update fine.

Most reactions