What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 wifi model

yakka6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have not long had my ipad 2 which is a 32G wi fi model. I think I should have got the 3g model, well anyway, if I get one of those adapters that converts the ipad charger/data socket to a normal USB can I then plug in a mobil modem (dongle type) and then get on the internet. If anybody can help with this I thank you very much

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No - you cannot do this. The iPad USB socket does not supply enough current for a 3G dongle. Best way forward is a portable WiFi hotspot - the so-called 'MiFi'. There are several models available and most cellular operators have plans for them. There are several threads on this Forum with details of the various models and reviews and comments from Members.

Tim

tmoney15

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Too bad you're not in the US. There is a company called TruConnect that offers 3G connection for WiFi only iPads for a really good deal as long as your aren't going crazy on your iPad with data each month.

Most reactions

Latest posts